Chapter 1

Alexa's POV

I was riding my black Friesian stallion Thunder (picture on top) towards Rivendell with my father for the secret council. The council was going to talk about the one ring of Sauron that a hobbit found and see if someone or a group of people will go destroy it before it can do more harm. The ride to Rivendell was a few days from where we lived. It was a quiet ride between me and my father. I haven't really talked to someone (other than Thunder) because of what happened a few months ago...

Since that 'bad' event that happened a few months ago, my dad was a completely different person. Even a few weeks before my mom's death he started to act weird. I've also been feeling dark forces around Lymphea (my kingdom) a few times. The dark force would be there for a few minutes and then leave.

Going back to reality, we walked our horses through the gate of Rivendell. Rivendell was a beautiful place. It looked almost like home. Lord Elrond greeted us when we arrived at the Rivendell castle.

"Welcome King Orland!" Lord Elrond greeted my dad.

"It's good to see you too, Lord Elrond." My father replied.

"Follow me and I'll show you to your rooms."

"Thank you, Lord Elrond."

I followed my father and Lord Elrond into the castle. Two servants came and took our horses before we left.

********************************

We were walking in a hallway full of rooms where all the other guests (for the council) stayed.

"Here is your room Alexa." Lord Elrond told me, pointing to a room to the right. "And here is your room Orland." Pointing at the one on the left.

"Thank you!" I said and went into my room.

As I open the door, I see a beautiful room. It was nice and big, it had a bed, a balcony, a private bathroom and a closet.

I decided to take a bath after the long trip and go to bed early because of the council meeting tomorrow morning.