Chapter 7

We were still looking for Merry and Pippin. It was taking longer than I would have thought. The orcs seemed to move faster than us. We were running for days when we finally arrived at a forest entrance. For some random reason, I recognized the forest but I didn't know from where. We all stop to look at the forest hesitating if we should go in. 

"Guys," I say, "I think I know where we are..."

"Where is that Alexa?" Aragorn asks me.

"We are at- "

I suddenly stop my phrase because we all hear horse hooves galloping towards us. We all form a circle and take are weapons around us. A group of at least 7 to 10 horses and riders circle around us and stop. I'm guessing the captain of the group/guards walked towards us.

"What are travellers doing around Lymphea forest?" the captain asked

"Good day sir," Aragorn said, "we are just travellers wanting a passage through your forest."

"Well, we will let you through our forest once you see the King and the King lets you through."

We followed the captain of the guards who was leading us. There were soldiers behind us and on our sides. I guess they really did not want us to leave or escape. I had my hood on so that Arthion wouldn't recognize me.

We finally arrived in the Lymphea village and castle. It hadn't changed a bit. Ok yes, I was only gone for like a month or two but a lot can change in two months. I still felt that dark feeling that I had before I left. We enter the castle and walk down the middle of the main hall where the king had his thrown. We come to a halt and the captain of the guards speaks.

"Your highness, these travellers were near the entrance of the woods and want passage through our forest."

"Well then, let's see who these travellers are. Take off your hoods travellers." The king said.

We all take off our hoods to show our faces (well Legolas and I because Gimli didn't have one and Aragorn took his off when we first meet the guards). I look up to see my dad's face when he sees me.

"Alexa? What are you doing here?" he asks me.

"Don't you remember father," I say, "we went to the council of Elrond a few months back. And I joined the fellowship of the ring. And now we are here for shelter, food and rest for the night."

I can see my father think about what I just asked him.

"Well, I guess we could find some room for you guys."

"Thank you, father."

"Thank you, your highness." Legolas said and bowed to my father.

We leave the main hall and I show where Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn will be sleeping for the night.

"Is it me, or your father seems a little lost and confused." Legolas asked me.

"Yeah, he's been like that since my mother died." I answer.

"Oh... I'm sorry I didn't know."

"No, it's ok. You didn't know."

"Alexa, tell your father thank you for us please." Aragorn tells me.

"I will. Let's all get some rest so that we can be ready for tomorrow." I say. I then leave to go to my room and get some rest.