Chapter 30

Darius' POV

I've been planning something special for Elena for about a week now. Elena thinks Tyler and I are working on pack stuff while Casco keeps her away from the office. The thing is I haven't touched the paperwork since we graduated high school.

Once I ask to Elena to marry me tonight, I'll be able to work on pack stuff.

I pull my paperwork out when I smell Elena coming closer to my office.

She opens the door holding a plate of Mac and cheese.

I stifle a laugh as she places the plate in front of me. She gives me a glare.

"Hey it's the only thing I know how to make" she pouts.

"I know, I'm sorry and I'm sure it'll be great" I say pulling her onto my lap.

I take a mouth full of the food she brought me. She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I gotta go I promised Sofía I'd play with her" she hops of my lap and heads to the door.

"What so I don't get an I love" I shout, she turns around.

"I didn't know you wanted one" she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"I'll always want one" I smirk, she gives me a playful glare.

"I love you, now I'll see you later" she gives me a quick kiss.

"I love you too, thank you for the food and be ready by 9:00"

When she shut the door, I began finishing my food. I threw away my trash and headed out with Tyler.

We shifted and ran a mile and a half. When we came to a cabin we got to work. A few days ago I brought everything I needed and put them inside the cabin.

Tyler started to set up every thing up out side. I went to the kitchen and made Mexican lasagna.

When I put the lasagna in the oven I went to check on Tyler. Tyler jumped down from the tree and walked over to me.

"She better say yes because I just spent almost an hour to putting lights in those trees" he grumbled.

"Where did you get the lights?" I asked, I don't remember bringing any.

"Evie brought them" he pointed out Evie, who was by the picnic table.

Evie looked up when she heard Tyler say her name. Evie gave me a quick wave before she started going to back to work.

After the lasagna was finished I turned the oven off. I made some other things too which took another hour

I headed to the castle.  Mya let me in allowing me access to Lena's old room.

When Elena packed her clothes she only packed two of her dresses. The dresses she packed were casual dresses that every day girls wear.

I opened her closet and looked around. My eyes landed on her favorite dress.

I grab it and a few of her other favorites. I thank Mya and she wishes me luck.

I drive home. I place a light grey dress with a flower like pattern on the bed for Elena.

I put the rest of the dresses in the closet

I jump in the shower and wash away all the stress Ive had all week.

'what if she says no?' my wolf asked pacing in the back of my mind.

'dude I'm trying to take a shower to wash away that thought and besides we're mates she belongs to use either way' I assure him. 'we also don't have to do this but because she's human maybe she wants to get married" I add.

I finish my shower. I put on a pair of basketball shorts, they loosely hang around my hips.

I ran downstairs to get a drink of water when I realized I hadn't drink anything all day.

I glanced at the clock and realized I only had ten minutes to get ready. Better hurry before Lena beats me down here.

I rush uptairs and throw on. My grey button up shirt and black dress pants. I threw some shoes on and ran my hand through my hair real quick. 

I met Lena downstairs. After we complimented each we headed out. I had Lena get on my back as I ran with my wolf speed to the cabin. It was dark by the time we reached the cabin, the lights Tyler put up shone brightly in the tree's.

How many light did Evie make Tyler put up? And where the hell did she get app these lights from?

"This is amazing" Lena says as I place her on the ground.

"Well you can thank Evie and Tyler. Evie forced Tyler to put them up" I chuckled dragging her near the edge of the cliff we were on.

"Before I became Alpha I used to come up here and watch as people hung out in the back yard of the pack house. My dad made it seem so easy to be Alpha, but the truth was he never showed anyone how hard it was to keep everyone under control. I still come here till this day to have a break. Now I'm sharing this place with you so you can use it as a getaway when things are rough" I tell her.

"How old were you when you became Alpha?" She asked turning to face me.

"It was the day after I turned 17" I say leading her inside to eat.

After we ate dessert I ppuppled out the black box and got down on one knee.

Lena gasped and her eyes widened slightly.

"I know we've barley known each other for a year but I love you and it doesn't matter to me how long I've known you for because we were literally made for each other by the moon goddess herself, now will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Give my little speech that I just came up with because I had gotten so nervous that I'd forgotten the one I wrote.

Elena looked at me as if she was trying to put a puzzle together, then she asked the most unexpected thing.

"Why?"

Authors note

He finally proposed💍!!

Not edited.

Hope you enjoyed the cliffhanger 😈.

Until next time,

-Rae