Chapter 4

The week went by pretty fast. I got to see Darius. He introduced me to his friends, there are the twins Tyler and Caso and then there is Kara.

Kara is nice and her hair is the coolest deep purple color.

I'm currently sitting in math trying my best not to doze off. Mya is sitting next to me doing the assignment on the board.

"Elena in your not trying to sleep in class" Mya gasp when she looks over.

Ever one in class turns their head to look at me with amused looks.

"What no I'm not I just closed my eyes for a second," I say sitting up straighter. Mya gives me an 'oh really look'

"Hey, it's not my fault im packed that I had to stay up to 1 so I could finish both of my duties," I say looking at the board. 

I grab a piece of paper and copy down Mya's work from her paper. What I'm too tired to do the work myself.

The bell rings when I finish the first problem. Yay lunch but also more work for home. I'll just barrow Mya's at lunch.

I grab my papers and pencil walking out of class with Mya, Diego, and Darius.

I put the papers I don't need in my locker and take Mya's homework.

She sent me a glare.

"You know I'm gonna be even busier tonight than all the other nights" I sigh, tonight I have to get my dress fitting for Darlene's ball tomorrow.

I know it's a bit late for that but kept putting it off because I had so much work since I didn't get it done in school.

We walk to lunch while I sit down at an empty table. I'm not gonna eat today I'll cram all the homework into lunch so all I have to do is get my dress fitting for tomorrow.

I start coping down the problem from Mya's paper onto mine. When I get the math done everyone is already sitting down beside Mya. I start on the essay for English.

Mya returned to the table with another tray of food. She shoved it at me telling me to eat.

"I don't have time can you not see that I'm busy?" I question glancing up at Mya real quick then back to my work.

"Lena you know your parents will have our heads if they knew you weren't eating at school," Diego says from down the table.

"It'll be your heads not mine," I say starting on the third paragraph for the essay.

I worked a few more minutes rushing my work when all of a sudden the paper is snatched out of my hands.

I look up to see what monster did it. I'm met with Darius' grey eyes.

"Come on eat and then you'll get this back," he said heading back down to the other end of the table.

All I do is grumble as I take the tray from Mya.

"I'm only eating some of this" I mumble. Taking a mouthful of the spaghetti.

Mya glances at my mouth full and rolls her eyes. I take two more bites. Then push it away. I walk over to Darius.

"May I have my papers back now?" I ask sitting in the empty seat next to him.

He looks over at my tray then nods. He slides the papers back to me. I quickly grab them and start scribbling words down before anyone could take them away again.

"So you guys hear about the princess birthday ball is tomorrow?" Kara asked when I finished my work putting it off to the side then start on the science I forgot to do last night.