Capítulo Cuatro: "Say what now?"

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

That’s the kind of person I was around Jason. For some reason, he always made me an emotional mess. Why? I’m still trying to figure that out to this day.

He was the type of person that either you really liked or really hated. There was no in-between with Jason. That’s the way he had always been.

When I reflect upon my relationship, I have absolutely no complaints over Jason. He was the sweetest person and loved me like no other. I can say he was the type of boyfriend you dreamt of at nights. Sometimes, it seemed like he was too perfect.

Around the time our relationship hit the first year, he started changing. He was still the same person when it was just us two. However, when we were out in the open, he was always frantic and too possessive. I questioned him about it, but he would always stray from the subject.

One day,  on one of his many odd trips, I followed him.

I ended up in the empty lot of this sketchy warehouse. It was miles from society- a non-existent road led you to the place for dear’s sake.  The way he looked around to see if there was anyone about and the way the place was so heavily guarded by rough looking boys should have kept me from following through. I was persistent though. It was one of my many flaws I’d say.

I had seen way too many movies to know the red flags, but I chose to ignore them. I ignored the voice in my mind and snuck in. 

It wasn’t that hard. The “guards” were huge bobo heads. I snuck past them- my feet making absolutely no sound. To say I was shocked was an understatement, seeing as Taz was more graceful than myself.

I ended up rolling down some stairs into a meeting between two gangs - one of them to which Jason belonged to. I had no idea of this by the way.

Apparently, the opposing gang or whatever had done something Jason didn’t like and had chosen to break off their ties with them.

Needless to say, they weren’t happy.

That being said, when they realized I meant something to Jason by how paranoid my presence made him, they took me as leverage and held a gun to my head.

I made it out alive after some stupid compromise was made and Jason was forced to mend the alliance he had broken minutes before. I expected it to turn into an array of gunshots, but neither wanted to lose numbers when it wasn’t necessary.

I got quite the scolding on my way back home. I felt like a child who had his parents on his tail for breaking a vase.

You would think the previous events would be enough to get me to run for the hills, yodeling for salvation, but I was utterly in love with Jason.

He upped his possessiveness from that day on. I understood the situation,  but it got out of control sometimes. He almost snapped a guy’s arm for handing me a flyer, for example.

One day, he just came to me and stated he couldn’t be with me.

“You aren’t safe around me,” he mumbled, his voice cracking as he struggled to keep the tears in.

He distanced himself from me. I could see he still kept some of his guys watching me from a distance to make sure I was fine. Whenever we passed each other in the hallways, he always stared back longingly - a sadness deep within. I still loved him to this day.

Sometimes it seemed that he did as well.

Knowing what he was capable of, I feared for Max. He seemed to give no cares as he leaned against the car, a smile adorning his face.