xxvii. desperate for justice

Start from the beginning

"Invitation, ma'am?"

'What?'

"I don't have one." I simply said. "I'm a VIP."

The security guard looked so confused and examined me from head to toe. 

"Sorry ho ma'am pero nasabihan po kasi ako na papasukin lang ang mga may dalang invitation sa exhibit."

"Uh, we didn't receive any dahil VIP kami. We also talked to the organizer of this event about it because we were worried this would happen pero she assured us na we will still get inside no matter what happens because we are VIPs."

When Jamie took the chance to explain, I was busy rolling my eyes behind my sunglasses.

'Damn, Eric! I thought he already handled this?!'

I swear, I'm going to put lots of peppers in his drink later! Damn it! I'm going to choke him to death!

"Ms. Meredith Eleanour, Mrs. Charlotte Vickies!" A familiar woman from the venue went outside and stood beside the security guard.

"I am so sorry for the trouble . . ." she looked at the security guard and whispered something. 

The security guard suddenly looked confused and scared. Nang tumingin siya sa 'kin ay parang gusto nalang niyang kumaripas ng takbo.

"S-sorry ho, mga ma'am. Pasensya po dahil hindi ko po kayo napapasok kaagad." He moved backwards to give us space while slowing bowing his head.

Pumasok na ako sa loob habang si Jamie ay nagpapasalamat pa sa security guard. I gave the woman who just came a side eye. 

I saw her bowing at me 90 degrees. I knew it. I smirked before putting my earpiece on and looked around the venue.

Angela . . . Eric's long time secretary. Not bad, huh?

I clicked the button on the earpiece I'm wearing four times as I heard some static, "Connect me to ERP."

"Roger that."

I went closer to a bunch of people to see what they're talking about only to disappoint myself as it is a wilted flower.

"The king is here!"

Napangiwi ako dahil sa lakas ng boses ni Eric. Damn it! I left where I was standing because there were so many guests there and I couldn't risk myself being caught talking to someone through a tiny and sensitive earpiece. They might find me suspicious.

"The hell was that about?!" I mumbled with irritation in my tone. 

"Ha? Ang alin, Vannie?" I could sense some amusement in his tone. 

He sounds like he's teasing me!

And he thinks that's something he should be proud of!

"The required invitation! I thought you already handled the situation! You almost made Jamie and I suspicious in here!" 

Remembering Jamie, I looked at her and saw her secretly glancing at me while pretending to be interested in someone who's explaining his plant to her.

"Vannie naman! Sa tingin mo ba ipapahamak ko kayo? Come mown!"

The hell with his tone. 

"Parte 'yon ng plano ko, Vannie. Ayaw mo no'n may pa-suspense!"

My lips formed an impatient line because of what he just said.

"Well, what you just did almost risked us!"

"OA naman Vannie. Chillax ka lang . . . inhale exhale ka muna diyan, hehehehe."