Chapter 22: A Party for Two

Dedicated Chapter Song: Ribs - Lorde

This dream isn't feeling sweet. We're reeling through the midnight streets and I've never felt more alone.
(Anna)

Pitch black darkness and the smell of a sewer-like must was something that Anna had grown quite used to, associating both with the idea of home

Pitch black darkness and the smell of a sewer-like must was something that Anna had grown quite used to, associating both with the idea of home. So when she woke up, bound by rope to a metal chair with her head covered by a black bag, she knew exactly where she was. "Ergh!" She grunted, crystallizing her skin so as to make it hard and sharp enough to slice the rope and free herself.

Ripping the bag off of her head, Anna woke her eyesight to the scene of her "commanding officer" in an identical situation in front of her, though still passed out from the sedative he was given. "Damn you," Anna spat. "This is all your fault. If only I'd killed you..."

"It's still not too late," Boss's voice echoed, hidden somewhere in the shadows, awaiting her next move.

"Yeah, and it wouldn't have been too late either if you'd have just left me alone to do my job." Anna retorted, glaring up into a dark corner of the rafters. "Surrending was my ploy."

"Was nearly killing Rubianne part of your plot as well?" His voice thundered.

Anna shrugged carelessly. "She got in my way. What else was I meant to do?" Spinning on her foot, she turned to the unconscious captain. "How much did you sedate him?"

"Enough to where he wouldn't struggle."

"You know he'll kill you, right?"

"That's you're here to protect me, my Angel."

Anna grit her teeth. She despised being his pet more than anything else in her life. Ripping off the bag from Levi's head, she was stunned and taken aback when she saw his eyes wide open, glaring at her. He hadn't been asleep like she'd suspected.

"Hello, handsome," she smirked when she regained her composure. "Miss me already?"

"So...you never really intended to surrender."

Anna laughed a bit. "Naaah. Why would Humanity's Badass Bitch surrender to the lowlifes of the fucking Survey Corps?" She cackled. "And I can't believe you fell for it too!"

"Who ever said I fell for it?" Levi spoke, with an eerie sense of calmness about him. It once again threw Anna off guard. Even upon examining his expression, Anna found no discrepancies in his tone nor his body language.

"You knew I would betray you..."

"You think we only had a plan for the Female Titan?"

"No. But both plans failed," she winced, circling around him. "You really suck at being a Captain then."

"Shut your filthy whore mouth."

Anna giggled. "What a temper!" Her eyes glanced up to the dark corner again. "What do I do with him, Boss?"