Pops?

Sorry it's so short I normally write longer than this but I'm really tired so I'm going to bed early instead of 1:30 in the morning.

The cover of this book was made by @chase2452 on tumblr!

Today was a bad day. Peter was overcome with dysphoria. It was that time of month and Peter couldn't find the will to do anything. Wade was a huge help with buying pads and pain meds. He tried to make Peter as comfortable as possible and Peter was so grateful he had such an amazing boyfriend.

Wade was out when Steve came into the room.
"Peter?" He asked creaking the door open. 

"Yeah," Peter said weakly. He was in so much emotional and physical pain. 

Steve sat on the edge of Peter's bed.

"Are you ok? Are you sick?" 

"I'm fine pops" Peter tiredly. 

"Hold on I'll call your dad in here he'll know what-" 

"No!" Peter cried jumping up only to clutch his stomach in pain. 

"Are you ok?!" Steve cried out in panic. 

"Please don't tell" Peter sobbed 

"I'm not sick I swear, just please don't tell dad he can't know..." Peter trailed off, still crying slightly.

"Tell him what Peter. It's okay you can tell me" Steve coaxed. 

"You promise to keep it secret?" Peter said quietly. 

"If it's endangering your life I can't keep that a secret but I promise" 

"I-" Peter hesitated. 

Was he really gonna tell his biggest secret just like that?

"In trans"

Silence

"What? Peter, You have to remember I'm from the forties. I'm not up-to-date with modern language" 

"Oh" this made things much harder. It's one thing to tell someone your trans it's another thing to explain to someone who was from a time that it was considered disgusting.

"W-Well umm It-it means t-that I w-was b-born in the wrong
b-body" 

"Peter I'm afraid I still don't understand" 

"I'm on my period pops God" Peter snapped. 

Steve's eyes flickered in realization 

"So.." he said hesitantly "your a girl" Peter flinched "No" he stated firmly trying not to break down. "I was born a girl on the outside, but I am a boy on the inside"

"I think I understand," Steve says slowly "But why wouldn't you want to keep it a secret?" 

"Cause some people might not understand and still treat me like a girl" Peter gripped his stomach as another wave of pain and dysphoria hit him. 

"Oh, Peter" Steve said gently. "No one in this house will ever treat you like something your not. Ok?" 

Fresh Hot tears ran down Peter's face. 

"Thanks" he cried hugging steve tight.

"No problem kiddo. Now I won't tell your dad about this. I'll wait until your comfortable telling him yourself." 

"Thanks," Peter said wiping his tears away. "Do you think we could watch Coco?" 

"Sure I've never seen it before" 

"Great"

It felt like a huge weight had been lifted from Peter's shoulders. He felt happy.

I know. I know. It's been a lot of angst. I promise I'll have a fun chapter tomorrow. Maybe some smut I dunno.