Thirty-One

Song: Castle - Halsey  (just too perfect honestly - looooove iiiittttt)
Took me over an hour to try and find who had recommended this song to me so I could dedicate this chapter to them. I still can't find the conversation. Whoever this person is, please take a bow, I'd love to dedicate this chapter to you.

••••••••••••••••••

We didn't go back to the Keep after the Bazaar like I thought we would. Instead, we went to the Lady of Anant's home where we were staying until the following day. We then would move to another city, Lybi, near the ocean to visit the Lord there, too.

It was all part of the Royal Tour to quell any fears the people may have had since rumors spread of a revolt against the crown.

Or so Asmodeus told me.

I had no idea how Kymra managed to get out of his sights for even a moment to meet me at the Bazaar that day.

I had two guards with me at all times. Robyn/Damien had two as well. None of them would let me out of their sights even when I feigned interest in something at the Bazaar to distract myself.

That wasn't even mentioning Robyn himself.

As soon as I was back with him, he would not let me go. He'd keep a hand on me at all times. At the small of my back, on my wrists or even my shoulder. It was almost as if he wanted the reassurance that I was there.

Or to make sure I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

Robyn watching me through Damien's eyes unnerved me.

And there was no mistaking that it was Robyn and not Damien.

I had to get him back somehow. I didn't believe a word Asmodeus or Julian said. Damien was alive. I knew he was. Even if I didn't have any proof.

As soon as we spectered back to the Lady's home, he had to leave.

I resisted the urge to smile when Oren appeared in the room. It was a relief to see him safe and whole with everything that happened.

He spectered and immediately took a knee in front of us. He bowed his head respectfully.

As soon as he stood, he looked at Fake Damien. "Alteazor, they are ready for you."

Damien barely glanced at him before turning to me. "I need to leave."

Tearing my gaze from Oren, I cleared my throat as I approached Damien. I had to crane my neck to look up at him. Damien was always so much taller than me. "Are you sure I can't join?"

He shook his head. His icy gaze seemed to go right through me. "Not this time. Official royal business."

I tried not to seem too eager. I didn't want him to leave my sight. I needed to find a way to save Damien. "Are you sure? Maybe there's something I can help you with?"

He smiled. "Maybe one day when you accept my marriage proposal, you can join in as well."

I felt my mouth run dry. Marriage proposal? How would I react if Damien had said something like that? What would I say?

I'd snort. Push him away. Make a comment about it happening in his wildest dreams. Dismiss the flirting.

But everything changed. I loved him. I wanted to be with him.

And Robyn knew it.

What kind of foundation had Kymra been setting? What had she said? Had they kissed? Had she let him?