Book one: Chapter 9

Real Skylar POV

In a dark room, dingy room lights flickered. It was a faint dim light where not much could be identified. I was tied to a chair and a small window was on the side of the room, it wasn't bordered up or had bars on it. It was a small glass window just small enough to slide through from. The room was empty, no guards near or around. They seemed to be gone whispering could be heard above me just faint enough to let me know they were here but not near. For the first time I had been left alone. 

It has been days maybe even months since I've seen my family. I've lost count of the endless hours and minutes. I feel drained, emotionless no will to fight. What do they want from me? I've been stripped of my identity, my life, my right to live, my family.. my.. my-. "God I can't believe i'm crying right now" I thought. The tears kept spilling, it was unpreventable I'm broken, shattered. She stole everything from me, everything. The one thing, the person I miss most right now is my soul, my love.. Christian. I want him to protect me, rescue me, save me. My badboy god I miss him so much. Our forbidden love ha!. No one knew we were dating, how could they?. I was the average class girl on scholarship  while he was a rich player. Our worlds never mixed, I only admired him from a far wishing dreaming that one day he would notice me. A dream I never realized or could've guessed would become my reality, that this one person could be my saving grace.. my everything and I his until everything between us fell apart. I gripped the picture of us in my hand, the only thing I had on me. Our picture, his face, his smile hoping to see him again kept me alive. I needed to see him.

They say there are seven people in the world who may look like you, I never would've have guessed that I would be unfortunate enough to run into one of the seven. Except this girl did not only look similar to me, she was me. A carbon copy, a clone of me, from her voice, to her hair, her eye colour, height, frame, face shape, everything except I had braces and she didn't. Was her life that bad, that she had to steal mine. I didn't have the perfect life either. 

I didn't live a lavish life, I was a only child so I had both my parents looking out for me when I was younger. As I got older they seemed to care less and less always consumed with work and bills never asking how my days were anymore. I worked harder when I was younger until now to help them live a better life. My dream was to work hard enough to the point they wouldn't need to work anymore and could love me again. I got into one of the best prep schools in the country with full scholarship. If I was still in school i'd be in my senior year applying to ivy league schools like yale or Harvard. I didn't have time for many friends just a few and my boyfriend whom I secretly meet with. I didn't have the perfect life but god he made it perfect and that girl took him away from me. 

My memories flooded back to the day before I was taken..

*Flashback*

I had broken up with Christian the day before, I couldn't handle sneaking around anymore. I felt dirty lying to my friends about where I was. I didn't see them often but when I was free and they wanted to meet I would lie I was busy, as I was with Christian. I was snarky with him even when we met for the first time. He brought out my sassy side, he made me feel okay if I bantered with him or made fun of him. Most of the time with others I kept my mouth shut in fear they would hurt if I said something back so I always remained quiet, with him I was comfortable. It was a open field as he would put it. But when I ended it, I was quiet I didn't know how to talk, what to say. I didn't want to hurt him but I had no choice, what was the point of falling in love, if in the end it would lead no where?. I thanked him for the year and a half he gave me and decided that enough would last me till I got over him. It wasn't just puppy love, I had truly fallen in love with this boy and I was scared. Scared if it went further I couldn't handle the aftermath that I would lose touch with myself. He pleaded me to give him a second chance, that he would bring it public but I couldn't. No one could know about us, not now not ever. I told him we were doomed from the start but I didn't know that I had made the player soft and broke him. In the end it wasn't just me that shattered that day but him. So the day after I couldn't face him, I couldn't go to school, so I ditched went for a walk near the trail near my house. 

I didn't know at the time that, that would be the last day I saw anyone I cared about. That I would be taken. I was lost in my own thoughts that day while walking when a bunch of masked men abducted me. Since then i've been here, that girl tortured me here. I was in shock when I saw her. I was scared, I tried to run but they had bounded me and made me pass out with a towel with a weird substance that when I inhaled I passed out. 

*end of flashback*

I don't get given food much, I never got a change of clothes or the chance to bathe. I've been here for so many days that i've lost weight and my once slim thick body has turned fragile and thin. My once long straight healthy long hair has become thin and stringy. I look like a walking corpse and I feel like one. 

I looked around the room and said "hello, anyone here?", no answer. I looked around faintly one more time letting my weak eyes find a outline of a person but no one. I took this as my chance and  weakly moved my chair towards the small window. My wrists had become small and frail so I was able to loosen rope binding my hands and quickly untied my feet and body. I limply stood on the chair trying to grab on the ledge that the window was on top of. I somehow managed to pull myself with all my strength. If I had fallen I wouldn't have been able to get up. I tried to open the window while gripping the ledge. It wouldn't budge so I tried more tried to push the window open. It opened a little bit and I pushed my body through. 

I made it, I escaped.. I got myself up, where was I?. It was broad daylight outside and my eyes couldn't adjust to the bright day. It hurt I squinted for what seemed forever. I had no time, they could be coming back down any minute. 

So I did what I thought I could.. I ran through the grassy fields not knowing where I was going or where I was. I just ran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to follow me on my socials and follow me on wattpad for updates!

Hope you enjoyed this update, until next time

Regards,

Sneh :)