Chapter 1 : Allie Thompson

January 2

I don't know why, but that day I realized to stop seeing the world. I always thought that everything was just a plain plan.. that nothing is real, just drawings and colors. 

        " I'll always be here, my dear Allie.." , my dad died when I was in 6th grade. I was an only child. My mom works overseas so, I seldom sees her, just on occasions. After my father died, my aunt's home became mine. But when I was in middle school, my mom came back. She said that she wants to be by my side, etc etc, but I never listen to her, because the truth about her coming back was to get married again to some guy she met in Sydney. To my perspective, I think he's gay.

With everything that's been happening to me, I could say that the only real thing that happened to me was my dad. Nothing more after that. 

*RINNNGGGGG* my alarm starts ringing. It's time for school. I hate this, going out of my room, seeing the sun.. This kinda reminds me of my dad.

        "We are made to see the world. To appreciate the arts. To explore and learn more everyday, so don't be afraid to look, cry, fall or even laugh. One day you'll know why.."

                                                        -dad

Yes. My father's a mystery. 

        "ALLIE! wake up. You'll be late for school.", my mom has this kind of thing in her, she always yells at me even we're only 2 meters apart. 

        "I'm leaving.", this became a tradition within our family.. the one that's going out should let the others know that. It's like how Japanese do it right? 

        "You should be back at 6, Danny's parents would be here for dinner." Yes. Danny.. hmm. he's the gay guy I was talking about. The one that replaced my dad's standards. I never really liked him. He would always annoy me. Ask me questions and made me ran some errands. Well whatever, I can't help my mom getting worried anyway so I think it should be okay to let her get married. 

Well, here I am. In the most crowded place I've ever been. SCHOOL. "Allie! we're here!" but see that? I still have friends though.

        "Wow. You're perfectly early today AL, are you sick? hahaha!" 

        "Shut up. I just happen to wake up early." that's Tiffany Harris. My very first friend. She's been there for me for like all my life. We started being friends when we we're in pre-school then about a year after that we found out that we're almost neighbors so it's convenient for us to see each other even on weekends. 

        "AL, did you get a haircut or something? You seem weird today.." And this? This is Jesse Gray. He became friends with us in grade school, but actually I don't know him that well, just the fact that I have a hunch that he has a crush on Tiff since grade school. 

        "I'm always weird." Well, not really. This happens a lot, every time I remember my dad, my aura becomes soft somehow. 

*RIIINNNNGGGG* That's the school bell. It's gonna be a long day again. But it's okay, I'm in the same class as this two, so it's gonna be fine. 

My perfect seat. Beside the window. This is my favorite spot, 'cause I get to see the green life, trees and such. My dad used to say that I should grow more trees in our backyard and some flowers too, but.. I never achieve to make anything live. 

"Miss Thompson? Again in the dreamland?" 

"Oh. Sorry ma'am.. I was just.."

"Yes. We all know. Dreamy everyday Miss Thompson. Can you translate this poem for us?"

"Uhhhmm. well. Some are days... Some are nights... It's like a vacation. It's about a boy having to dream big, but never got the chance to get on a bus or a plane. Til one day, he met a girl, and having that girl gives him strength to work hard? No, no.. that's not right. You should work hard based on your own perseverance and ambition. Not just to some boy or a girl. right?

"Well said Miss Thompson.. I have a question though.. have you, by chance, experienced love?"

She stared at me like she wanted me to give in my teeth or something. Then I noticed the whole class was attentively listening. They're all waiting for my answer. It's like a tiger waiting patiently for it's prey to make a move. I really don't know what to say...

"Well, No." straightforwardly. I said it. 

"Okay. That's why you never learned anything about inspiration.. you may take your seat and don't go again in your dreamland."

She smiled at me even though I interrupted the class. Well, never mind then. I just want my peace. Everyday she caught me looking out the window, she gets irritated I guess? I think I should stop doing that, it may cause me a serious problem. 

"Hey Allie.." I turn my back. He was smiling like he's been wanting to eat me up or has been planning to bring me down. 

"Yes?" I answer with a *no emotion* face.

"You never did fall in love? not once?" Well. I don't know this person, so why should I give confirmation about my answer?

"I really don't know you, so I think we should stop talking to each other."

"Yeah Yeah.. Haha. The great *Miss-No-Emotion* is true. Okay then, I'll stop talking."

I looked at him with a serious face but he only reply with a laugh, So I turn my head and never look back again. 

"Hey.. But AL, if you wanna fall in love. Can you do it with me then?"

*thump thump thump*

I turn again my back to see him smiling at me AGAIN. I can see in his face written *I CAN GET YOU* or something..

THIS IS ANNOYING. WHO IS HE ANYWAY? 

...To be Continued..