Ten

To my surprise, Frank got up earlier than I did today. I heard him get into the shower as I slept. I managed to get up right before breakfast, but I thankfully had enough time to shower as well. After getting dressed, I walked down to the cafeteria, where I found Frank with his tray of food. However, he wasn't at our usual table with Nick. After getting my food, I walked over to the table where Frank sat by himself and sat down.

"Why aren't you sitting at our usual table? Did Nick do something wrong?" I asked.

"No, he didn't. I'm sitting here because I wanted to talk to you in private," Frank replied, eating a mouthful of turkey bacon.

"Oh? About what?"

"You gotta promise me you won't tell anyone?" Frank whispered, leaning closer to me over the table. I nodded my head, bringing my head closer to him to listen.

"I'm listening," I whispered back to him.

"I'm sitting alone with you because...I wanted to talk to you about the escape plan I came up with so I can find my daddy,"

What?!

Okay, that came outta nowhere. Escaping? Seriously? No fucking way. I can't escape from this place. What if we get caught? I'm not risking going back into solitary confinement, or whatever worse punishment this place has for people trying to escape. Even if we do manage to escape, what's the point? Frank's dad is dead! I obviously can't tell that to Frank. It would shatter his heart and soul. But I have to tell him that I'm not escaping. I'm here to get better. I've been so resistant to care in the beginning when I was first admitted here, but I've come to terms that I have a problem, and I need help. I am not gonna throw out all the progress I've made and escape with Frank. He needs to know that he's sick and needs help.

"Frank...I can't," I said. "It's too much to risk,"

"But Gerard...I know a way we can escape! We can get out through the doors that let the visitors in and out of. Just listen to me!" Frank hissed, loudly whispering. "You gotta escape with me! I can't do this alone!"

"No, Frank. You don't understand," I said firmly. "We need to stay here in order to get better. I'm not gonna throw away all the progress I've made and attempt to escape. Besides, what if we get caught?"

"No, we won't! Trust me, Gerard! You gotta listen to me! You gotta escape with me!" Frank pleaded, his eyes desperate and pleading with me, having that puppy look to them. I wasn't buying it, though. I shook my head.

"No, Frank. You need to realize that you and I both need help like everyone else here. I'm not escaping with you,"

Frank's face slowly went through a phase of contortions from shock, to sadness, to anger. He violently stood up from his seat, towering over me from where I stood and glared at me coldly.

"I just can't believe you. I thought I could trust you!" he yelled, making everyone's head in the cafeteria turn to him in curiosity of the confrontation that was taking place. "You know what, Gerard? Fuck you. Fuck you for turning against me!"

"I'm not trying to turn against you!" I said, standing up to face Frank. It really hurt what he just said, and it made my heart sink into my stomach. "I'm trying to help you! You're sick. You need help!"

"No, I don't!" Frank screamed, pushing me with a harsh amount of force, making me nearly fall back. He inched closer to me, throwing his fists at me. I kept backing away, covering myself in defense. It wasn't long before a couple attendees came rushing towards us, separating us and holding us back from each other.

"Knock it off!" one of them yelled, holding down a violent and thrashing Frank, taking him out of the cafeteria. My heart broke into pieces as I watched the attendees drag Frank away from me, and most likely taking him into solitary confinement. Even though he hurt me both physically and emotionally, I wish I could hold him and soothe him from whatever nightmare was taking place in his head. I looked away as tears began to run from my eyes, unable to witness Frank being dragged away from me.