[11] ; FOR ENEMIES

Start from the beginning

Aubrey sighed, pursing her lips. "Draco, no matter how much of a twat I think you are for this. I still care about you. You're my brother, Draco. Even if you don't think of us as siblings; I still think we are."

Draco was going to say something, but was cut off, due to his stare going in the direction of Harry talking to Katie Bell. The blond-haired wizard abruptly stood up, walking quickly out of the Dining Hall. Aubrey frowned, as she stood up also, catching the glance of Harry. She watched Harry follow the wizard out of the room, as Aubrey trailed behind.

Aubrey stopped when she saw her brother sobbing through the reflection of the mirror. Draco splashed cold water on his face from the sink faucet. She watched Harry slowly make his way closer to him.

"I know what you did, Malfoy," Harry taunted the Malfoy boy. Aubrey gripped onto Harry's arm, trying to pull him back toward her, but he yanked his arm back, continuing to move forward. "You hexed her, didn't you?"

"Harry, I know what you're going to do. Stop," Aubrey warned, her voice becoming cold.

Draco had whipped out his wand, hollering out a spell. Harry and Aubrey both ducked between a wall, dodging the spells shooting out of the Malfoy boy's wand. Harry had threw spells back, as Aubrey was yelling and screaming for both of the boys to stop.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry cursed, blood spluttering out of Draco's chest, as he moaned and groaned in pain.

Aubrey gasped in horror, racing over toward her adoptive brother, leaning down before him. Her shaky hand was placed on the blonde's chest, tears escaping from her eyes. Her hand was immediately covered in red blood, hearing the footsteps of Harry drawling closer to her.

"I can't believe you just did this," Aubrey sobbed, as Professor Snape had arrived in the doorway.

Snape looked down at the floor, spotting the Malfoy boy moaning in pain, and his sister sobbing uncontrollably at his side. The professor looked up at the Potter boy, giving him a glare to kill. He leaned over the blond, muttering a healing spell, waving his hand over the boy's chest, trying to heal him as best he could.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey...I really am," Harry stammered, darting out of the bathroom.

✧∘ଂ ࿐

THE BRUNETTE SAT on the bedside of Draco's hospital bed. She tiredly watched over her brother, tapping her fingers against her thighs in a light beat tempo. Aubrey sighed, quietly getting up for the bed, exhaustedly running her fingers through her hair, before she gave Madam Pomfery a goodbye, leaving the hospital wing.

While Aubrey was heading toward the Dining Hall to get breakfast. She hadn't spoken to Harry since last night. She was angry and hurt at him for cursing her brother. She couldn't believe he would do something like that. She knew Draco was the first one to strike first, and it was only fair for Harry to strike back; but Harry had used one of his spells out the Half-Blood Prince's book.

She spotted a nervous, anxious looking Hermione Granger, awaiting in the doorway of the Dining Hall. "Woah, Granger. You're giving me a scare, right now," Aubrey chuckled lightly, as Hermione pulled her to the side of the hallway.

"Aubrey-I have something to tell you," Hermione said, as she bit down on her lip in weariness.

Aubrey grew concerned for her friend. "What it is?"

"Harry got rid of the Half-Blood Prince's book," Hermione mentioned.

"That's a good thing, isn't it? After all, he did curse my brother," the brunette rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Adoptive," Hermione smartly interrupted.

Aubrey sighed in frustation. "Hermione, Draco is still my brother; blood or not." Aubrey loved her brother-not matter how many times they both insult each other, fight, or have different beliefs, they're family.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Hermione sincerely apologized, trying to get her to the point.

"Can we get to the point. Please, Hermione. I'm sorry to be rushed, but I'm starving. I've been with Draco all night, and haven't eaten anything," Aubrey sighed-on cue, her stomach growled in roaring hunger.

"Ginny had helped Harry hide the book," Hermione vastly mentioned. "And they kissed. Ginny told Luna, Luna told Neville, Neville, told Seamus, Seamus told Dean, Dean told Ron, Ron told me, and I just told you," the brunette expressed, gasping for a breath of air.

Aubrey was brewing with anger. The brunette had told Ginny off, and the red-haired girl knew where she stood. Her eyes were painted red; steam pierced through her ears. Hermione stared at her with terror, not liking what she was seeing and what was about to be seeing.

"Excuse me a minute, Hermione," Aubrey sweetly smiled, marching over toward the Gryffindor table.

Harry saw the Thomas girl approaching, as he stood up. "Listen, Aubrey, I'm sorry about cursing Dra-"

Harry's apology was cut off by Aubrey's lips being pressed against his. Her hands gripped onto his collar of his shirt, as his hands were placed along her side. Harry was stunned to say the least, an eletrical spark coursed through both of their bodies.

Aubrey pulled away, quickly glancing at the surprised and amusing eyes in the room. The brunette smirked at Ginny, who glared heavily at her. "Morning, Potter," Aubrey greeted sweetly, strutting over toward the Slytherin table.

It may have seem like ploy of jealous rage, and it all could've been. But she needed to kiss him to see if her feelings were as strong as she had felt-and she stood corrected.

✧∘ଂ ࿐