I was never going back; if  I was careful, I would never have to go back again. It was over . . . I was free . . . the only problem was that I couldn't go home. I didn't know where home was. I looked up at the sky, seeing something I hadn't seen in such a long time; the moon and the stars. I smiled softly, and I closed my eyes, and rested.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up sometime later to the warmth of the sun. I remembered what happened, and I rolled over, and sat up. I got up and walked arond. I looked at my surroundings as I continued to walk, thinking and wondering what I could do. It must have been hours that I was wandering around and then I stumbled across a huge metal wall. I stopped and looked up, wondering how tall this wall was. It went pretty high up and I looked to the sides of me, noticing it went in both directions and continued on for what appeared to be miles.

   Where was this . . ? What was behind the wall . . . ?

   I continued to walk beside, wondering if there was a way inside, and if there was, where it it lead me to?

{Ty's POV}

   Even though one of my best friends has been missing for about five and a half years, I still haven't stopped looking for him. Sky has been gone for so long that my my friends and I are sstarted to give up. When they stopped the search five years ago they thought he died. We all had a funeral for Sky even if there was no one in the casket. I didn't believe he was dead. None of my friends did either, and I know his mom doesn't believe he's dead. She still searches everyday and asks around.

   I stared out the window of my school, my history teacher droning on about World War 1. She kept talking, ignoring everyone else I ignored her right back and looked sleepily out the window. I rested my head against my arm, staring at the huge metal wall that was a long ways away. you could barely see it from where i was, but if you concentrated, you could just about see it in the distance. The wall surrounded my small city; no one knew what was beyond the wall, but we had one rule that everyone grew up with: No one is allowed to go beyond the wall.

   I didn't know what was out there, but the thought itched at me.

   "Ty!" My teacher interupted my thoughts.

   I jumped slightly and quickly looked at her, "Ma'am?"

   "Pay attention!" she snapped. I nodded and glanced out the window again and sighed softly as she droned on again.

   Whatever was out there, I wanted to go find out for myself.

{Jason's POV}

   I noticed during class and after school when I was talking to ty, something seemed off about him. I noticed he kept glancing off into the distance behind me, and when I turned around all I saw was the buildings, and streets and far off into the distance the wall. I had a sneaking suspicion that Ty was thining about the wall. I wondered if he was going to go to the wall tonight.

   I put on my hooide and grabbed the flashlight from my room, and snuck out of the house. I walked down the sidewalk, my flashlight letting me see where to go as I shined it on the ground. I kept walking. It was a very long walk to my house to all the way to the border of the city where the wall was. It felt like at least a couple hours before i came even close to it, and once I got there, I kept my eyes out for Ty to see if he was here. If he wasn't there i would just go home, but I had a feeling he was going to be here.

   I walked along the wall, running my hand up against the metal. Then, up ahead I saw someone familiar; and of course it was none other than Ty. "Ty!" I yelled out. He jumped slightly and turned to me.

   "Jason?! What the hell are you doing out here?" TY asked and walked up to me.

   "I could ask the same to you." I said and raised an eyebrow.

   He sighed, "You got me there."

   "I noticed you were off and you kept looking off into the direction of the wall; so I got curious to see if you would actually come out here beacuase it seems so like you to do that." I explained.

   Ty nodded, "Yeah . . .I want to see if there was a way out," he mumbled. "I wanted to see what was beyond the wall."

   "Ty, you know the rule; don't go beyond the wall. Even if you did find a way out, they might catch you and you'll be in huge trouble. We shouldn't even be here." I said calmly.

   Ty looked at me, "I understand . . ." I saw him check his watch and he looked at me, "It's three AM, you should go home, and so should I . . ."

   "Wait, it's three AM?! My mom is gonna be up soon for work! Shit! She wakes up early! I gotta go; Ty come on!" I said and started to quickly walk back home.

   "I'll be right there in a second! My dad is a bit more calm and wakes up way later! I'll be okay!"

   "Are you sure?" I calledd back.

   "Yeah! I'll be okay!" Ty said and I nodded, running back to my house before my parents woke up.

{Ty's POV}

   I watched as Jason left me, and I sighed and looked back up at he wall. I shone my flashlight up at it. I pointed it back down at the ground again and started walking back to my own house. All the sudden my flashlight flickered in my hand. I tilted my head, and looked at it, wondering if it was running out of batteries. I shrugged and kept going, and then the light flickered again. "What the fuck . . . ?" I whispered under my breath and stopped again. I examined the flashlight and the light stayed on. Then it flickered for a third time, but this time it completely shut off and it went dark. I tried hitting it, but nothing happened.

   "O-Okay then . ." I breathed quietly to myself and looked ahead, squinting and letting my eyes adjust to the darkness. I walked slowly in the dark. The dark never really bothered me, but now there was something that was making me uneasy. Why did I have a feeling I wasn't alone . . . ?

   I kept walking in the dark, and then I stopped. I thought I heard some footsteps behind me and I quickly turned around but I saw nothing. I shakily breathed out and turned around and started running towards my house now, slightly shaking. As I ran I continued to hear foorsteps behind me. I ran until I saw my shabby house in the distance. I was out of breath from being so out of shape and I had to stop. I rested and stood there, catching my breath. All was quiet, and I was still minus the wind shifting the tall grass around me and shifted my hair slightly.

   All was quiet . . . until all wasn't peaceful . . .

   I felt someone grab my hand and put a hand around my mouth. I kicked and screamed, breathing in a strong chemical that made me cough slightly. I felt myself slowly loose consciousness and I grew weak; and the next thing I knew I was out like my flashlight.

[Word Count: 2069 Words]