Chapter 35: The Date - Part II

Comincia dall'inizio

"Give me your fruit snacks." He holds his hand out waiting.

My mouth drops open. "Hell no. You packed them for me. Eat your own fruit snacks Jackson Parker."

He rolls his eyes at me again and grabs them from my lap, popping them open as I glare at him. If he eats my fruit snacks, I will make him suffer. He dumps the contents of my package and his into his hand and begins separating the different colors. I smile as I see him pop all the purple circles into his mouth. He hands me back all the other colors.

"You're welcome." He grunts as he chews all the grape flavored fruit smiles.

I begin popping the other flavors into my mouth happily. "You don't get any kisses now because you will taste like grape, you realize that right?"

"You weren't getting any anyways because of that damn ranch dressing."

I take my finger and run it through the blob of dressing and stick it in my mouth. "Mmmmm worth it."

He makes a repulsed face and begins sucking on his Capri Sun straw. I can't help but to burst out laughing at the sight of him.

"What?" He chuckles as he watches me laugh.

"You're odd Jax. If you would have asked me the night that you pushed me up against your kitchen counter if I would have ever imagined I'd be sitting here, in love with you, sucking down Capri Sun and eating Lunchables I would have told you that you were mad."

He cringes and covers his eyes laughing, likely at the thought of how he acted that night.

"I was hoping you were going to sleep with me that night."

"I was turned on, not going to lie." 

"I know." He says this with a shrug of his shoulders as he pops a cracker into his mouth.

I look at him completely perplexed. "Liar.  How the hell could you possibly have known that? You didn't even know me for twelve hours at that point. You were slightly terrifying and crazy hot."

"You have a terrible poker face Gabby Brooks. You chew your bottom lip and wiggle your body around when you're horny."

I think about that for a moment. He's right. I do wiggle around, I guess I hadn't noticed I was doing that with him. I shake my head and try and put it out of my mind. I'll have to work on my tells.

We continue eating our dinner peacefully. Pointing out different things we see in the scrap hard and talking about times I had with my Grandpa and my siblings in this truck. It's perfect.

"This was a great date Jax.  Best one I've ever had."

"It's not done yet.  We have a few hours.  We have to get back outside for the next part of the date though."

He takes all of the trash and scrunches it into a ball, putting it into a plastic bag he had in his bag. He grabs the handle to exit the cab but I grab his arm and pull him back to me. His face turns to mine and I press my lips to his in a warm slow kiss. I taste the grape on his lips but I don't care. He places his hand on my side and dives in with me, our tongues mingle for a few seconds before we both pull away, still holding each other with our eyes pressed closed.