Chapter 24: Ba Sing Se

It's been 3 weeks since we faced Azula, Zuko and Uncle got separated from us during a fight where we encountered some of Uncle's old 'friends'. I couldn't believe it happened again, "Awww come on Kaida, it'll be okay. We just have to get to Ba Sing Se and we'll find them." I sighed, it wasn't just being separated from them again that was making me upset. I had this feeling, in my soul that for some reason Aang had lost someone or something. Lately, I've been feeling more and more connected to him and it's slightly scaring me. One day, I felt such an intense rage that it made me go into my Dragon state. Mori and Mira had to physically knock me out to get me to stop. Now ever since then I've been afraid of this connection with Aang. What would happen to him if I got angry? Would he experience the same thing I did?

Mushu snapped me out of my thoughts as the ferry approached the dock near Ba Sing Se. "Is it bad that I have a bad feeling about this?"  I mumbled as I saw the weird cheerful people as we got off the ferry. "I don't know what you're talking about but this place looks amazing!"  Mori exclaimed as we continued walking passed different venders. Mira nodded in agreement, Mushu and I looked at each other but followed them anyways. "So, do you think we'll find your brother and uncle here?" Mira asked as we walked passed various vendors. "I hope so, I don't know where else they would have gone unless they got captured by the fire nation and I really hope that didn't happen." I stated sadly as I remembered Zuko yelling at me to run once we started getting attacked. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Mira smiling at me slightly. "Hey, you'll find them. You just have to have hope." I nodded as we continued to walk. I followed as I tried to keep my hood up, Mushu was covered with a large green shawl and a saddle. "We should find somewhere to stay befor-" I bumped into a tall light brown haired boy and fell to the ground. "Sorry, are you okay?" I looked up  to see him holding out a hand to me. I took it, "Yes. It was my fault though, I wasn't paying attention." I apologized with a smile. He smiled down at me, "Rei! Are you okay?" Mira and Mori asked separating me from the stranger. "I'm okay." "Rei? Huh. That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm Jet by the way." I swallowed and smiled awkwardly. "This is Longshot and Smellerbee." They greeted us, "I'm Mira." "And I'm Mori." Jet turned back to me and grabbed my hand. "Are you guys refugees too?" "We're actually just kind of passing though. Not really planning on staying here for long..." I trailed off as I noticed a familiar flying lemur behind Jet. "Rei? Rei!" Mori and Mira yelled chasing after me. I ran through the crowds of people, dragging Mushu along with me. "Kid. What are you doing? You're gonna get us caught." "Mushu, not now." I stated as I continued following what I believe is Momo. I made it passed the people and to less crowded street. I lost track of him behind some buildings, I stopped and looked for him again, "Kaida! What the heck? Why'd you run off?" I looked at Mira and Mori. "I'm...sorry. I just thought I saw...I thought I saw something." I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Mira smiling at me. "Hey, lets go look for a place to stay while we're here." "And some food!" I laughed at Mori's outburst. "I agree with water boy. Let's find some food first." Mira and I shrugged before looking for somewhere to get food. "Hey look a tea shop!" Mira stated pointing at a small building. They walked inside as Mushu and I just kind of looked at each other. "I think you're gonna have to wait out here." I stated causing Mushu to pout. "Why do I have to stay outside? What if someone tries to kidnap me or something?" I shook my head laughing. "Mushu, you're a firebreathing dragon. I think you'll be fine. No try not to attract any attention while we're inside. I'll buy you something to eat okay?" "Fine. It better not be no greens or any kind of rabbit food." He stated before going and laying down by the side of the building. I smiled before heading inside only to bump into Mira's back, "Hey, what's wrong? Why did you guys stop?" I asked moving around to face them to see them staring at something. "What are you guys staring at?" I looked to see the tea shop almost completely empty besides a girl who looked a few years older than me and an older couple. "Wow, this place is empty." They nodded before we all sat down. An older man came and took our order, we talked among ourselves as we waited. I overheard the girl ask the older man if someone was working today. "Sorry Jin, Lee and Mushi aren't working today." She signed before thanking him and started heading out. "Sorry about the wait, here's your order." We thanked him, "Um I'm sorry but did you say a Lee and Mushi work here?"I asked him, " Yes, do you know them? Wait are you Lee's younger sister Kari? You look just like him."  I nodded, "Yes. Do you happen to know where they're staying?" I asked eagerly, he nodded and gave me the directions to where they were currently staying. "Mira, Mori, they're here. They're actually here." I smiled as they looked at each other. "Kaida are you sure it's them?" "I'm positive. Zuko always uses Lee as a fake name." They didn't seem convinced, "If you don't believe me then Mushu and I will just go by ourselves." I stated before going outside to get Mushu. "Hey, where's my food?" "Mushu, they're here. My uncle and brother are here." I explained following the directions that uncle had given me. He quickly followed after me, "Wait, what do you mean they're here?" "They're here. The owner of the tea shop told me and gave me the directions to where they're staying." "Kaida what if it's not them?"I stopped and turned towards him. "It has to be! Becaue if it's not then I don't know where else they are! If they're not here then I don't know if I'll ever see them again. But, I know it's them. I can feel it. So if none of you are going to come with me, I'm going by myself." I stated before walking away.

I finally managed to make my way to the right apartment, I swallowed nervously and raised my hand to knock on the door. Before I had the chance however it opened, I stared at the dark haired boy in front of me as my eyes started to burn. "I'm so sorry. I...I have the...the wrong apartment." I apologized walking away as everything around me felt as if it was collapsing. I made my way to a small bench and held my head in my hands while the tears streamed down my face. I sat there for so long I didn't hear someone approaching me until they touched my shoulder. "Are you alright miss?" I sniffled and wiped my eyes, "Yes, I'm fine. I just...I'm just missing someone is all. Thank you-" I stopped as I stared at the person in front of me. "Kaida?"