Chapter 27

We didn't drive straight there. That would be stupid going into a place without a plan, and possibly dying after wards. That wasn't going to happen. I wasn't going to let that happened.

Tension was building up between the 3 of us. Not because it was mine fault or anything, but I drove us to McDonalds. A quick meal and possibly a chat will prepare us or something. I honestly had no idea what I was doing. Maybe I was trying to pass time, and avoid that place as much as possible, eventually I'll have to go. So until then, I'll try my luck there.

Damien ordered first.

Coffee.

Coffee was his solution to everything. To him, coffee was a superhero that would make all his problems go away. It did in college, but this was clearly a different type of problem to deal with.

"You want your last meal to be a cup of coffee." I commented.

He eyed me, taking a long sip making noises to follow it too. He wouldn't be here if he didn't start this, if I didn't bring the idea up. Knowing Damien, he was thinking the same thing. That's probably why he stopped himself, and took that drink.

Olive got fries.

I got nothing.

I couldn't eat, I couldn't think properly. Olive sat by my side, bugging me to get something. Anything, even if it was a cup of water. I finally stood up and bought a cup, and poured some sprit in the cup. I don't know what's wrong with this girl, but the tendency to see the good in everyone.

It had to be exhausting.

I looked like a mess, we all did. Barely any of us looked like we had any sleep.

I finally sat down, playing with my soda, as the table was silent.

About a few minutes into the silence, did Olive address us. "So...are we going to plan this out?"

"What is there to talk about?" Damien said.

Olive scoffed, turning her whole body to him. "How about the fact that you started this whole mess, and now my best friend could possibly die for trying to be a friend."

"Or more." I said, silently to myself.

I didn't expected anyone to hear me, yet there she was. Her head slowly turning my way as her scoffs became louder. "Excuse me?" she grinned.

"Nothing." I said.

"No, I want to hear this."

"Okay," I sigh shrugging my shoulders.

"You have feelings for the guy, stop pretending." I bluntly say.

She looks at me shocked by my statement as if it wasn't true. I've seen them together I know what they have is clearly different from what we have. And I know for a fact that he felt something for her too.

"I'm not pretending. I don't like him like that."

Again with the lies."Really, that's what your going to tell yourself."

Damien cut in, trying to ease the situation, but no one knew what he was talking about, and we clearly didn't have the time to figure it out too. "Maybe we should get something else to help with our nerves or something."

"What do you mean that's what I'm telling myself?"

I sigh, rolling my eyes at her. "Look at the facts."

"Do the facts also say you like me?"

"Wow..." I scoffed, shaking my head. "Where did this come from?"

"Look who's dening it."

"I'm not, I'm just surprised."

"Well I'm not either. We're friends, and if that's what that whole speech about how mental you are is about, then there's nothing to worry about."

"What do you mean?" I asked irritated.

"I like you, like a lot. " It was as if her whole body was trying to reject her statement, but it was too late. I heard it. Damien heard it, we all did.

"Why ? I mean I'm no picnic so...." I tried to say, still I didn't get through.

"You're honest." she whispers.

"Thank you." I chocked.

I didn't see that coming, but then I thought. It still didn't change anything or the things I know. Maybe she thinks she like me because I've been helping her this whole time. Because for me I knew what my feeling were. I did like her, but this was just another mess up situation to fall for a guy like me.

----------

comment what you think

like & share