Chapter 5

I know Damien's plan seemed ridiculous, but I trust him and his new form of wisdom. And yes I called it wisdom.

Every since he got played in his own game, he realized that he wasn't getting anywhere but meaningless sex.

A couple of years ago, he met this girl, Ashley. And well Ashley was exactly the same as Damien just a little bit more skilled in the art of deception.  She walked into his life, made him fall for her by accident, and left to attend her wedding 2 weeks later.

But be ended up respecting her even more. The whole thing confuses me really. But the good thing that came from that was his new views on women. I mean sure he has those moments that tells me what he want to do with a girl we see walking down the street,  but he resist with the whole game and goes to be straight honestly with her.

Sometimes tell her that all he wants is a one night stand end up with a slap to the face, and other times it brings in the crazies. So yeah, I trust him. What could I do without his crazy experiences.

The last time I saw her was at the campus gym. I heard around the area she goes there at least every Wednesday so I decided to check it out.

See I couldn't wait a whole week to make a new impression, so I had to create one. Plus I need all the time I could get.

I figured the more time she sees me, then the easier whatever I was feeling would be.

I heading up the stairs and looked around. I've never Ben inside the campus gym before and I've been in college for 3 years now.

Besides it was free.

It looked like a normal gym just with a lot more perks. I heading to the weight room and wanted to go try some of them. But there was a group of people just standing around talking.

And knowing me, I'll probably listen in instead of actually working out, so I head out.

Until I saw the court. There was an inside field that people were playing soccer in, and I decided to join. It was an odd number anyway which gave me hope.

I opened the door, and stood at the side. They stopped kicking the ball, and all their attention except for one was on me.

"You wanna join?" The guy with a neon yellow headband asked. He had puffy hair, and a light complexion.

"Yeah, if that's okay with you guys."

The guy next to him said, "cool." He had fair skin with wavy brown hair.

The first guy nodded turning to the last guy behind him who was kicking the ball on both his knees. "Kian it's cool with you."

The guy didn't even turn around.  He kept bouncing the ball on his knees. "Yeah." He had long dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Well I'm Andrew."the one with the yelllw headhead started. "that's Alex,"he pointed to the wavy hair guy, "and over there you know as Kian."

I nodded. "I'm Jack. Well what are you guys playing?" I asked.

"Well we're just kicking the ball around really. Unless you want to play teams."

"Yeah."

"Okay I'll team up with Andrew and you and Kian." Alex told me.

I nodded walking over to Kuan who still bouncing his ball. Apparently he was trying to bet his recorder of 10.

"Hey, I'm Jack."

Kian stopped.  He catched the ball, and held it at his side. When he finally looked up at me, I swallowed hard.

"You're the best friend."