Chapter 34: The Date - Part I

Start from the beginning

"Jesus Jax!" I scream holding my hand to my chest. 

A chuckle erupts from the chest of the tattooed man sitting in my room.  His smile is beaming at me, making my heart do a little flutter. 

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" I shut the door quickly so that no one hears him. "My dad is going to kill you if he finds you in here!"

Instantly I begin running my eyes around the room, trying to find a place to hide him if I hear someone on the stairs. Our house was old and had original floors; no matter where you were walking, everyone in the house could hear it as they would creak. I decide the closet would be the best place to shove him, followed by making him jump out the window to the porch roof below as a second option.

He stands from my desk chair and walks over to my bed, picking up a paper wrapped package of yellow and pink daylilies.  He holds them in his hand as he wraps one arm around my waist.  "This is where your dad told me to wait for you."

My eyes go wide as I peer up to him.  "Seriously?!"

He gives a nod as his smile grows even wider.  I've never seen him look so happy.  He sets his forehead against my own, my blue eyes peer into his green as he gives me a soft kiss on my lips.  He pulls away slightly, keeping our faces close.  "Gabby Brooks will you go on a date with me today?"

I'm positive the smile on my face is mirroring his after I hear these words, but it quickly diminishes when I remember my cage. 

"I'm grounded.  I have to help my dad today..."

His smile remains as he shakes his head no.  "Tonight is date night.  You are not grounded tonight.  I have your dad's permission to take you on one date, and I intend to make it the best one you will ever have."

I return to my tip toes, leaning up to him to press my lips back to his, opening my mouth slightly to allow him in.  He tastes minty, as he always does when he knows he's going to kiss me.  He is my favorite flavor.

His hand moves to my back as our kiss continues, pressing me closer to him.  I quickly take notice of his growing erection pressing into me.  He pulls away with a small laugh.  "Books get ready.  I can't stand being in your room alone with you right now, it's been weeks since I've had you and I want you, bad."

I let out a groan, knowing how much I want him too. "What type of date is this?" I walk to my closet and begin sifting through hangers of clothing options.

"Wear comfortable shoes. It's a bit of a walk. You'll probably get dirty so something comfortable."

"Can I just wear this?" I motion down to my short gray cotton shorts and a white shirt that says Luxberg Lions in dark green letters.

He smirks at me, filling my stomach with butterflies. "You could but I was sort of hoping to see you undress..."

I grab a pillow from my bed and chuck it at him as he holds his hands up to dodge it. His laughter fills my bedroom.

"I'll wear this" I giggle and grab a pair of old yellow chucks from the bottom of my closet.  As I turn and stand, I see Jax with his head clocked slightly to the right, watching my ass no doubt.  "How did you manage this?"