CHAPTER 52

"Alam kong walang kapatawaran ang lahat ng nagawa ko sa'yo at sa pamilya mo, lalong lalo na kay James."

Her head was bowed down. It was like he was her dominant and she was his submissive. Sobrang bigat ng nararamdaman ni Ericka, ngayon lang n'ya naiintindihan ang mga nangyari sa kanila. Kung bakit galit na galit sa kanya si Rake at bakit sila nagkita two years ago.

All of her mistakes was a domino effect. It would always haunt her victims.

"I was sixteen years old nang malaman ko na nakabuntis ako." hindi umaabot sa mata ang pag tawa ni Rake. "Nang ipinanganak s'ya pakiramdam ko ako na ang pinaka maswerteng lalake sa mundo. Kahit na wala akong ideya kung paano magpalaki ng bata at hindi ko alam kung tatanggapin ako ng magulang ko pero Ericka, 'yong anak ko, pinaglaban ko s'ya at pinagaralan ko paano s'ya aalagaan ng tama. He's the first person I'm willing to take risk. He's the first person I'm willing to do anything without asking in return."

Rake was looking down at her, didn't move an inch.

"I could've stop him but no, I won't stop my son from loving someone as long as he is happy. I will always be here supporting him. But I didn't know it was you that all you would do was to sabotage him. And now, he's gone, Ericka, my son is gone. I loss him. I cannot take his life back." Rake cried.

"L-listen to me," she finally said. "I want to be honest with you... Right now, I'm very sorry. I'm sorry for my sin. I'm sorry for destroying your famliy. I'm sorry that I used your son for my own desire, kinuha ko halos kalahati ng kayamanan n'ya bago ko s'ya iwanan." tears escaped from her eyes. "Kinuha ko ang kasiyahan n'ya pati ang pagkatao n'ya. He became my slave, my fuck buddy and submissive. I taught him everything I shouldn't --drugs, sex and pain. And when there's nothing left to him that's my cue to leave." she covered her face. She felt shame of what she did.

Hinawakan n'ya si Rake sa kamay. "Are you seeing now how hideous of a person I am? How demonic my act towards him? Though I know I don't deserved forgiveness and there's nothing I can do to bring everything. I just want you to know how sorry I am."

Napapikit si Rake tila ba naiimagine nito ang mga ginawa n'yakay James. It's all her fault. His game. Everything. This game. It's all because of her.

"He loved you, Ericka, he would do anything for you. If you tell him to jump off a cliff to prove it, he would. But did you love my son?"

She blinked, not knowing what to say. Yumuko s'ya habang hawak-hawak ng dalawang kamay n'ya ang isang kamay ni Rake. "I care for him, I will always do, pero mas nangingibabaw ang pagiging makasarili ko. Mas importante sa'kin ang mga bagay na makukuha ko sa kanila kaysa sa pagmamahal na binibigay nila sa'kin." She looked up. "Because Rake, I don't know how to love. I mastered the art of hate and I have no shame admitting that. Basta ang alam ko lang, para hindi ako makaramdam ng sakit dapat maunahan ko silang iwan at saktan."

"Then you don't deserved him... M-my son was really crazy about you. Pinapahanap ka n'ya lagi sa mga tauhan ko kung saan saan. He will do everything to win you back. He was waiting until you come back and when he realized you used him, he lets himself drown in sorrow. Kung sino-sinong babae ang inuuwi n'ya gabi-gabi at halos lahat ng bisyo sinusubukan n'ya para lang makalimutan ka. Ericka, that is not the life I want for my son." his eyes bleed with pain and his hand balled into fist, shaking. "N-nawala lahat 'yon. N-nawala s'ya sa'kin."

Ericka covered her face because there was a tears trying to escape. "T-this is all my fault, kung bakit nangyayari ang lahat ng ito. I started this war along ago. I treated them all as my slave including James, I don't have a heart Rake! Dapat lang sa'kin parusahan..."

Lumuhod si Rake sa harap n'ya at hinawakan ang mukha n'ya. He wiped away her tears. "If my son is still alive today he wouldn't let anyone hurt you like this. He would still forgive you no matter how much pain you've caused him. Because he is an Alicante, we forgive and forget. We love hard. And it is enough to set aside all the agony, all the betrayal..."