Chapter 14: Return Of The Triston

~~~ UN EDITED SO PLEASE DON'T CRITICIZE MY HORRIBLE SPELLING!~~~

Last night I didn’t get any sleep. The thoughts kept rushing through my mind and wouldn’t stop. My head hurts more than usual from using it all night. I can only hope I don’t have to talk to anyone today. That might make my head explode. At least I haven’t passed out like I usually do when I think too much.

  As soon as the clock struck 6:00 am I’d gotten out of bed to go running (And to avoid Anna.). Now I was putting the finishing touches on my outfit while she sawed logs (I know normal people don’t have outfits for running , but I’m not normal am I? No.).  I closed the clasp on my pentacle. Protection? Sure didn’t protect me from Triston... I think.  Going around the campus whenever I can, has become my new favourite hobby since Michelle’s murder. Running helps me clear my head, and boy do I need that now. No matter how hard I try, I still can’t stop the flow of thoughts! It’s annoying! I thought I’d covered everything last night. But I guess not because my over active imagination continues to come up with worst case scenarios. Sighing I open the door and creep out. The halls are silent. Everyone’s still asleep. I make my way down the stairs and almost get past the lounge when I see movement. I dive behind a potted plant and watch someone leave the area. They were dressed all in black; with a tattoo on one arm (I couldn’t tell what it was) and their face was invaded with shadows so I couldn’t see any features. That was creepy. I think. Shaking the chill that had come over me, I got up and brushed myself off. As I left the dorms, I felt the undeniable feeling of being watched. I don’t bother looking around because I know nobody’s there.

With another shiver passing through my body, I begin to run. Focussing on my feet pounding on the Earth, trying to clear my mind. It worked. The thoughts drifted away with every deep breath. Too bad I didn’t come to this school earlier or I could’ve tried out for the track team. Dirt began to fly as I hit the trails. I was in the zone. Nothing could disturb me. I was turning a corner on the outside of campus when someone tackled me. Oh, this is just great. Please don’t let this be someone from the Worshipers of Eagon trying to kill me like they killed Michelle. I like my heart! I pray. I and the attacker hit the ground with a thud. I land on top of them. Ha-ha! I have the upper hand.

“Who are you and why are you tackling me at 6:00 in the morning?” I ask and pin the guy’s arms down. My hair is in my eyes and I can’t push it away with ought lifting my hands.

“Uh, hey Brook? You know those things called lungs? Yeah you’re sitting on them.” The familiar voice coughs from beneath me. Crud! My mind yells. What is he doing here? My face turns pink and I stand up and, for the second time today, brush myself off.

“Why are you here?” I mumble. The plan was to avoid Triston not see him the day after the kiss! The thought made my lips tingle in remembrance.

“We need to talk. I was watching the sun rise over there,” He pointed to a small opening in the trees. Perfect view of the sky. “And saw you run bye. I couldn’t get your attention so I took a short cut and tackled you. Oh, and sorry ‘bout that. Carter and Justin just taught me.” Triston replied.

“Okay, whatever. We have nothing to talk about. I have to go.”I say. The sentence breaks my heart to say, but I just can’t look at him one more second. If I do, I’ll shatter. He’s playing with my feelings like it’s a game. This is not a game.

“Brook wait.”He said, grabs my arm and turns me around so we’re face to face. “I like you. Like, like- like you. Since you came here, I can’t get you out of my head. It’s not just the dreams. Or the visions. It’s you. Every single thing about you is perfect and I couldn’t live with myself knowing I let that slip away.” He sais and my breath catches. He just said he likes me. Even though I had my suspicions (I mean come on. I guy doesn’t kiss you if he hates you.) there was nothing to confirm them. Triton’s words sounded sappy and old fashioned but I really didn’t care. I was on the receiving end of those words.