Chapter 36 | Hangover

Start from the beginning

She removed the blanket and was about to get off the bed to find Raman around the house when she spotted a paper on the side table. She saw her reading glasses on the letter, probably to prevent the letter from flying. She put on her reading glasses and held the letter in her hands. One glance at it and she knew who wrote it. She leaned comfortably and started reading the letter.

Ishu,

Good morning. It's a Saturday, and I know its late, but its okay. Before you conclude anything, let me tell you one thing. You got drunk last night. And if you're crying thinking that something happened to you and that is why you're not in yesterday's clothes, then stop crying. I changed your clothes, with the lights dimmed don't worry. And yes I closed my eyes, because an important step in marriage requires the consent of the couple, and not one person alone. Leaving all that aside, get off the bed, and take a cold shower. And I mean it. The ice cold water should touch the top of your head. Probably then you'll be able to remember the ruckus you created yesterday. And remember, I am really not kidding when I say ruckus. Dry your hair, come down and drink the lime juice on the dining table. Then take the breakfast that I've made to the hall. Sit and eat. And then, we have to do some serious talking. So don't waste any time.

-Raman

Ishita: Oh god what have I done? I have to shower quickly, so I can at least call Mihika to ask what happened yesterday night. I don't remember anything at all.

Ishita saw her clothes with her towel prepared on the small table. She took the clothes to the bathroom. She undressed herself and stood under the cold shower. Her head pained even more but she still stood under the shower. She trusted Raman's words on saying that standing under a cold shower would help a bit. He was a regular drinker back then anyways. She held in pain, but failed to recall anything. She completed her shower, dressed and came out. She closed the door quietly and sat in front of the mirror to dry her hair. Raman's ears were sharp enough to hear the door, but he just remained silent in the hall. Ishita dried her hair and took the cordless landline in their room to dial Mihika's number. Raman saw the landline downstairs flashing a small red light indicating that a call is being made. He walked to the phone and saw Mihika's name. He understood that his Ishu wanted to mentally prepare herself before facing him. He went to the kitchen to start making lime juice and grilled cheese sandwich for her. Meanwhile upstairs,

Ishita: Come on Mihika! Pick up the phone...

Mihika: Hello...

Ishita: Mihika! Mihika!

Mihika: Oh so madam finally woke up? Good morning...

Ishita: Morning morning

Mihika: Is your head aching darling?

Ishita: Bohot yaar... Stop making fun of me okay...

Mihika: Why is the hangover stressing you up so much? I told you not to drink but someone wanted to prove she's a Punjaban now right?

Ishita: Nothing wrong in trying na... But I exceeded my drinking capacity...

Mihika: Haan haan...

Ishita: Okay would you tell me what happened last night?

Mihika: Why are you whispering?

Ishita: Raman is downstairs, I'm upstairs. He wrote a letter and now I'm scared to go down.

Mihika: Brave Punjaban scared of a paper? What did it say?

Ishita: He told ki I was drunk and he changed my clothes. Told me to take a cold shower and come down because he wants to TALK.