Chapter 18 | The Wedding

Raman closed the car door and went inside the house. Everyone was still sleeping. Ishita went to get bread. She went home. No one suspected her because she came home with the bread. Both the families got involved in the wedding preparations as it was only 2 weeks away.

2 weeks later

Wedding Day

Bhalla Residence

The others were busy getting ready. Raman was already in his red and white sherwani. He styled his hair and went downstairs. He saw Toshi and Simmi preparing for the post-marriage rituals. He was walking around while trying to imagine the wedding scenario, while smiling widely, of course. And suddenly, he bumped into Prakash.

"Raman? You're already ready?", Prakash asked his son who was looking dashing in his sherwani. "Haa papa, I'm not like the ladies who take hours", Raman replied in confidence. "Haa haa, we saw how fast you got ready on the engagement day. You thought I didn't know?", Prakash asked Raman. "That...oh...um...I...", Raman was stammering. "Hota hai Raman puttar. I'm glad you're happy with this marriage", Prakash said while patting Raman on his shoulder. "I wouldn't have been in a bad mood about this marriage in the first place. If only you told me who the girl was that night itself", Raman mumbled. "What?", Prakash asked. "Huh? Nothing", Raman replied. Prakash smiled and went away. He called out for the others to come to the hall. "Come on, let's go to the wedding hall, it's already getting late", Prakash told everyone. The came out of the house, and Prakash locked it. They were on the way to the hall.

Iyer Residence

Ishita didn't sleep well the previous night as the mehendi artist was there. She got the mehendi on her arm done until above her elbow. She could only wash it off at 2.00a.m. After preparing her wedding saree, she went to sleep. She woke up early, because today she'll be taking the longest to get ready. She drank black coffee to make sure she stays awake for the rest of the day. The other ladies were already ready. Ishita saw herself in the mirror once the make up artist was done. She looked beautiful in her red and white saree. "Thank you so much Ritika. I'll transfer the balance payment to your account by tonight", Ishita told her make up artist. "No problem Ishita, and wish you a happy married life in advance", Ritika, the make up artist told Ishita while leaving.

Mihika stayed at Ishita's place the previous night. She didn't get married to Mihir, yet, because she didn't receive marriage pressure from her family. Mihika brought Ishita downstairs, while teasing her. Ishita did the pre-marriage rituals, and sat in the hall while waiting for the others to come. Since she'll be living in the Bhalla Residence today onwards, she packed a luggage bag and passed it to Raman in advance. Vandu was in charge of holding her handbag. Mihika was beside Ishita to help her wipe off the sweat on her face. "Why are you so nervous? You're sweating in an air-conditioned room", Mihika said teasing Ishita. Vishwa came to the hall. "Chalo lets go, its getting late", Vishwa told everyone. They got into their cars, and drove to the wedding hall.

Wedding Hall

Prakash was talking to the priest. (Or do you call him a pandit? I'm not so sure I'm sorry😅) Raman was already doing his rituals. Punjabi style, I don't know much of the rituals. (I thought of making it a change in tradition because it's always South Indian in Ye Hai Mohabbatein) The priest called for Ishita. Simmi and Mihika brought Ishita. Raman smiled. He looked at her, then he looked down. Ishita admired Raman who had a nice haircut and was clean shaved. Simmi was doing the rituals as a sister-in-law and Bala did the rituals as the brother-in-law. Bala didn't mind, because Ishita always treated him as a great brother. Vishwa and Madhu know him well too, so they didn't mind when Ishita suggested Bala to do the rituals.