Chapter 34 | Girlfriend?!

Ishita: You don't understand English? Mujhe. Divorce. Chahiye.

And that was it for Raman. Ishita watched Raman's eyes turning blood red. He raised his hand and gave her a slap that would get her back in her senses. The others got shocked seeing Raman slap Ishita fir the first time. Bhallas were equally shocked, as they never seen Raman in this avatar where he would raise a hand on a woman. Amma wanted to go and shout, but Appa told her to stay out of the husband-wife fight. Ishita was in tears. Never once she expected her Ravan to slap her, that too in front of their parents.

Ishita: You slapped me?

Raman: Shut up!

Ishita: You're abusing me! I'm gonna file a divorce for sure!

Raman: Not a word from your mouth! You are abusing yourself, mentally!! Its stated all over your face that you are not saying this whole-heartedly.

Ishita looked at him with tears. Raman took a deep breath and held her hands.

Raman: Tumhe kya lagta hai? I married you just to have babies?

Ishita continued looking at him with tears.

Raman: If my main motive of getting married was to have babies, I would have done it o-

Ishita covered Raman's mouth with her hand. She held her ear and looked at Raman. Raman thought of pulling her leg.

Raman: And waise bhi, I'm already a father.

Ishita's eyes widened. Raman pulled Ishita's cheeks and smiled at her.

Raman: I'm a father for this mad Madrasan, and you're a mother for this pagal Punjaban.

Ishita chuckled and smiled. The next moment, she was in Raman's arms wetting his shirt with her tears. The rest of the family members sighed on relief. They couldn't imagine their children as divorcees. They blessed the couple and slowly walked out not wanting to intrude in the couple's private time together in the hospital ward. Ishita and Raman were now left alone in the ward. After what seemed ages, they pulled out from the hug. Raman cupped Ishita's face and warned,

Raman: Never, ever, say the word divorce again.

Ishita: I'm sorry... The moment you told me the news, I didn't know how to react... I-

Raman: Whatever happens, just remember, I will always be by your side no matter what...

Ishita: But if you don't eat your meal, 100% you'll be by my side in the hospital...

Raman: But... How am I going to leave you alone here?

Ishita: Raavan Kumar... go home, eat, take your shower and rest. And when you're coming back here, bring my clothes and my charger please...

Raman: So I gotta go home no matter what?

Ishita: Yes, Mrs Raman Bhalla's order.

Raman: Okay meri maa I'm going. Call and tell me if you need anything else okay?

Ishita: Haan okay.

Raman: Take care, and call the nurse if you need to use the toilet okay?

Ishita: You were right about you being my father... Now go na... if not you'll be late for the evening visiting hours.

Raman: Okay okay see you.

Raman left the ward and started to drive home. Ishita felt thankful to have a husband like Raman. "Normally guys would leave their wives if they know she can't give him a son or a daughter. Nowadays guys scold their wife if they get a daughter instead of a son, when they are the ones who determine whether the fetus is a boy or a girl. But Raman is different. He accepted me even when I'm an incomplete woman who cannot give him our offspring. Sach me I'm very lucky. Nandri Murugan", Ishita thought as she closed her eyes to rest.