Chapter 33 | Divorce?

They spent the weekend with each other, and left for their respective homes on Sunday.

One week later, Saturday night

It was after dinner and Ishita and Raman were in their room nicely tucked in the comforter in their bed. They were chatting on general topics and suddenly Ishita clutched her stomach.

Ishita: Ouch!!

Raman got alert hearing her. He turned to her and asked her if she was okay.

Raman: Ishu... what happened? Are you okay?

Ishita: I don't know why, this part of my stomach is so... I feel so uncomfortable. I don't think it can be the dinner's food because I am sure it doesn't digest that fast.

Raman: Oh no... Chalo lets go to the hospital, we'll get it checked.

Ishita: No no koi zarurat nehi hai...

Raman: But you're not feeling well na...

Ishita: Okay we keep it like this. If it still feels like that tomorrow morning, then I'll listen to you and we'll go to the hospital thik hai? For now I'll just take painkillers.

Raman: Promise? You won't hide the pain? And no need to take medicine, keep this hot pack.

Raman kept the hot pack on her stomach and patted her to sleep. Within minutes, both of them were in deep slumber.

The next day, Sunday morning

Raman woke up to find himself alone on the bed. He saw the time and got the rough idea that Ishita had already took her shower and was downstairs preparing breakfast for them. He took his clothes and towel and went to take his morning shower. He came out, combed his hair and went downstairs. He entered the kitchen and saw Ishita preparing breakfast. Hearing footsteps, Ishita said,

Ishita: Oh Raman you're here already? Okay go and sit at table I'm coming in five minutes.

Raman went to take the newspaper at the entrance when he heard,

Ishita: Raman!!

Raman threw the newspaper aside and went to see Ishita who was in the kitchen. He thought she spilled hot water or something but the sight in front of him made his heart bleed. She was laying on the floor unconscious, while holding onto her stomach. Raman ran to her and sprinkled water on her face, but it made no use. He took both their phones, her purse and her wallet and dumped it in the passenger seat of the car. He opened the back door and ran back inside the house and into the kitchen. He carried her and ran to his car. He placed her carefully and hopped into the driver's seat to drive to the hospital.

He was crying and talking to himself. "If only you listened to me yesterday and went to the hospital all this wouldn't have happened hai na? Kya karu hai Matarani please keep my Ishu safe. I'll die if anything happens to her. I better call Amma and Appa and inform them, at least they might have some of her previous reports." He dialed Appa's number and put the phone on speaker. Appa picked up the call within 2 rings.

Raman: Appa! Appa! *sob* *sniff*

Appa: Raman beta, kya hua?

Amma: Vishwa put the phone on speaker please:

Appa: Raman bolo kya hua? Why are you crying?

Raman: Appa... Ishita...

Amma: Ishita... Ishita ko kya hua?