Chapter 21: Roxanne

Start from the beginning

When I came out of the bathroom, Niall was already at the door with his towel. He gave me an extra wet kiss on the cheek, which made me squeal. I wiped away the wet kiss and laughed when he pouted at me.

“Want to join me?” Niall gestured to the shower.

I rolled my eyes, “I'm already dressed.”

“That's why you undress yourself,” Niall said with a cheeky attitude.

I shook my head, causing him to pout again before he closed the door. I sat down on the bed and waited for him to step out of the shower. I decided to watch some TV when I heard something from the bathroom. I frowned and lowered the volume. Niall was humming something. I listened very carefully to the tune, making me smile. The tune was slow and soft, yet sounded powerful in a way. Before he stepped out of the shower, I put the volume back up so it didn't seem like I was listening to him.

He walked out of the bathroom, wearing jeans. He held up two shirts, “Which one?”

I studied both of them. “I have a mustache shirt that looks like that.”

“Show me,” he instructed. I got up and pulled out the shirt. It was a tank top and it had less mustaches than him, but it was very similar. “We should wear it. We'll match together.”

I laughed, “Fine.” I removed my other shirt and slipped on the tank top. I grabbed a black cover up and slipped it on. I glanced over at Niall who was already in his mustache shirt. “Are we ready to go?”

Niall nodded. He turned off the TV and we went out of the hotel. We got a cab and Niall told him an address. He always pointed something out to me about how he went there, his experience, and how we should check it out together. The excitement in his voice reminded me of a child going to Disneyland for the first time. It made me smile, seeing him so happy about who he was.

When we reached Mullingar, Niall refused to stop talking. He pointed out his favorite spots, his favorite pub, and hilarious stories. The driver pulled up at a house. The houses were quite similar with each other and were extremely adorable.

I looked at Niall, “Where are we?”

“I want you to meet someone,” Niall answered. He paid the cab, got out, and opened the door for me. I felt a little uneasy the more we stepped towards one of the houses. Niall rang the doorbell and waited.

“So, who did you say this person was?” I asked.

A woman opened the door. She had blonde hair and was small. She had a charming smile that reminded me of...Oh no. “Niall?”

“Hi, Mum!” Niall hugged her. I tried turning away to leave, but Niall caught my arm and stopped me. He pulled away, “Mum, this is Roxanne. Roxanne, this is my mum.”

“You're Roxanne! Niall told me so much about you!”

I looked at him, “Has he?”

“Yes, he has! Wow, look at you! Niall's right. You're very beautiful.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Horan.”

“Oh no, Honey, call me Maura.”

I smiled, “Okay, Maura.”

Niall and I walked into the house. “Wow, Mum, you haven't changed anything.”

Maura shook her head, “No, Sweetheart, nothing has changed here.”

I looked at Niall, “Is this your childhood house?”

Niall nodded, “We kept the house here and rented a flat in London for my high school years. My parents couldn't keep away from this house. They're too many memories here.”