'No, that can't be right. Can it?' I'm standing in front of Optimus' berthroom door.

"Fuck it, why not?" I mumble and knock on the door. I hear the clanking of peds before the door opens and Optimus looks down at me. He wore a surprised expression, but it was gone as quick as it came.

"Hello (Y/n), can I help you?" He asks. I smile and say, "can we talk?"

He nods and lets me in. After shutting the door he offers me a servo and I stand on it. He puts me on the berth before transforming and allowing his holoform to appear.

"What would you like to talk about?" Optimus asked.

"Well...I-uh. I turned eighteen today. And as I told you last week, I can now find my mate." I say shyly and he hums in understanding.

"And...um. I-I think it's you Optimus." I say and cover my face with my hands. I hear a hum and then a chuckle.

"Huh?" I gasp.

"(Y/n) don't be embarrassed. I've known ever since we locked eyes." He said and gave me a side hug.

"Oh-wait! Why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed.

"I wanted to make sure it was right before making any moves. I didn't want to scare you off so I decided to just wait." He said. "I do have something else to tell you, but that can wait until later."

He leaned closer and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. My eyes widened as he got closer and closer. That's when I gave in, closing the distance and our lips collided. Sparks flew through my body, creating a whole new feeling. Optimus moved his hands to my waist and pulled me closer. Eventually, we disconnected and breathed.

"You felt that, right?" I asked.

"Of course I did. That's the best feeling I have ever had in my lifetime." He said with a smile.

"Agreed" I sighed.

He leaned forward and pressed our foreheads together and I felt the sparks again. It was like having goosebumps but getting a hug at the same time.

"(Y/n)?" Optimus asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you feel comfortable with marking each other now? Or would you like to wait?" He asked and I blushed.

"We can do it now if you'd like," I said and he smiled down at me.

"Alright, you may go first." He says and puts his head to the side, baring his neck. I had told him how marking works the week before. No wonder he was so curious.

I kissed his neck trying to find the right spot. When he tensed a little I knew I had found it. I let my canines extend in my mouth.

"This will only hurt for a second I swear," I warn Optimus and he nods.

I kissed the spot one more time before piercing the skin with my canines. I held still for a moment and then pulled them out. I lapped up the bright blue energon that spilled from the new mark and it instantly healed. Leaving two small circle scars in its wake.

"All done," I say and enjoy the brand new feeling of the bond between us.

"It's... amazing. It's almost like I can feel you, or sense you." He said in awe.

"It's nice. It belongs." I say. "Alright now it's your turn. You might want to hurry before the both of us fall asleep."

"Of course," Optimus says and he lifts the sleeve of my sweatshirt. The mark from the Primes was there and it was bold as ever. He set his hand on top of the mark and grasped my wrist. I felt a warm, almost burning sensation before it faded away.

"I am done. I think we deserve some rest." Optimus said and brought me down to lay on the berth with him.

"Best. Day. Ever." I sigh happily.

"Definitely." He agreed.

~Time Skip~

"What in the name of Primus are you two doing in the same bed?!" I hear a voice yell.

"Wot?" I mumble tiredly.

"(Y/n)? What the hell are you doing?" Dad asks as everything comes into focus. "I'll be right back my ass."

"Oh...oops," I mumble.

"Ironhide? Wha-oh! We can explain!" Optimus wakes up and panics.

"Let me hear it," Dad said and crossed his arms. Optimus' holoform disappeared and he transformed into his bipedal mode.

"Today, (y/n) and I discovered we were mates. I had known from the beginning but held my suspicions until I knew for sure. She came to me earlier and we talked about it." He explained. "The rest is self-explanatory."

"Geezums. Alright then. I guess you're an adult now and you can make your own decisions. My only condition is that I don't want a grandchild until you're at least 21, got it?" Dad said.

"Yes, Dad. Now go, I'm still tired." I groaned.

"I mean it." He said and make the 'I'm watching you' gesture with his fingers before walking out the door.

"Sorry about that. He's really protective." I laugh.

"That's quite alright. I respect him for that." Optimus smiled.

"Ye-woah! Look at my arm!" I gasped and pulled my sleeve up. "I've got an awesome mark!"

 "I've got an awesome mark!"

"It's amazing." He said. "Mine is on my shoulder"

Optimus turned around and showed it to me. Since he was in his bipedal mode, it was etched into the metal on his shoulder blade.

"I think I did a pretty damn good job if I do say so myself," I said with a smug smile

"A very good job indeed."