Octavia: Younger Siblings

"There is an inspection soon! Someone bought Moonshine using rations." Raven declared. "Hide."
"If they are suspicious of mom then they'll check every nook and cranny here!" I panicked "And where does she hide the moonshine? With me under the floor! I'm going to get caught Raven!"
"No you're not! Calm down! I just came up with a plan". With a light push, she faced me towards the dining table. Raven pointed at the center tile under the table. She reached for the 2 glimmering bottles of moonshine.
"What do you plan to do Ray?"
"Give these to the guards."
"WHAT! RAVEN! THAT'S SUICIDE!"
"Make a deal with them."
Knocking could be heard at the door.
"If I get arrested I'm gonna kill you!". I harshly whispered. I opened the heavy metal door and Chancellor Jaha stood at the door along with my mother.
"That's her Chancellor! She stole my daughter's rations and traded the for Moonshine!" My mother admitted quickly pointing at me. I whipped my head towards Raven and she plastered a smirk on her face.
"P. catch and press play," She called.
The small rectangular box had many equally spaced buttons. I pressed the sideways isosceles triangle. "I don't care if these are my daughter's rations I want that moonshine!"
     "Did you two really think I didn't plan for this?" My mother smirked. "I won't be going down alone. Piper why don't you tell them who you are. Or should I?"
     "Chancellor answer yes on this question for me. Is the shirt you're wearing right now purple?" I requested.
     "Yes." he responded. His head bowed enough to hide his Adam's Apple, He made eye contact while his lips were pressed together and fidgeted with his ring on his left hand.
     "Quit wasting time. Tell him your name!" mother yelled.
     "Piper Reyes. My sister. You are losing an asset to the Ark if you lock her up and float her in 3 years. We propose a trade. We give you these moonshines back and you give my mother's rations to Piper. You can float our mother." Raven explained.
     "Let the council talk it over. Until then you stay here." Jaha announced. His eyes never left mine. His lips pressed into a thin straight line. His right hand reached to fidget with his ring on his left hand.
     I nodded and gave him the moonshine. After I closed the door, I began to pack my mother's rations.
     "What are you doing? He's letting you live?"
     "He lied. He wants me here so it's easy to arrest me when they come back."
     "Where would you go?"
     "I don't know. But i've read books on how the spacecraft was built. I know every nook and cranny on this station. I love you sis!"
     "Give me a hug first kiddo!" I ran into Raven's embrace. I then quickly moved my hand across her smooth, soft, face. "What the hell?"
     "I'm not being arrested yet so I'm not killing you. Just slapping you. Hey at least we stopped mom from taking your rations."
     I left the room and stood in the hallway. They would look for me in Mecha Station. i would have to go somewhere where they'll least expect me to be. Factory Station.
     I turned to the left and quietly gasped there was a guard. Okay act natural P. I thought to myself.
     The guard advanced 7 steps and my lips curved upwards as he passed. He nodded my way. I looked at his badge as he passed by. "Bellamy Blake Factory Station"
     "Um sir I can't help but notice that you are from Factory Station."
     "Yes? What do you need?"
     "I was maybe wondering if I could shadow you for the day as you patrol Factory Station. I have to write a report on a topic and I decided to write about The Ark," I lied.
     "Yeah sure I was heading there now! What time do you need to be home?"
     "My si-nical mother hates me so I don't think she cares," I caught myself.
     "Okay. Let's start the tour," he smiled. As we walked I scanned around me taking precautions.
     "Guards from Mecha keep an eye out for a girl approximately 15 from your station. She is the second child of the Reyes Household. Everyone else report back to base to come up with a way to apprehend this girl," The radio rang.
     I turned to the right and saw a door. Please tell me that no one is in here right now. I took out two bobby pins from my backpack.
     "Hey I have to go. Are you okay with looking around yourself?" Bellamy asked.
     "I think so." I smiled. As soon as he left. I placed the two bobby pins in between the lock and picked the lock. I then opened the door and smiled when no one was present.
     Everyone has the same little flaw of design in their accommodations. In the center of the room, a big tile. I opened the latch and gasped. There was another girl.
"You knew there was a tile here?" The girl gasped.
"Every apartment has one. Not many people know about it because they didn't need it." I answered.
"Are you a younger sibling too?"
"Yes. Who's sister are you?"
"Bellamy Blake and you?"
"Raven Reyes."
"How did you find your way out of your room?"
"Your brother helped. Although he didn't know I was a younger sibling. I also didn't know this was his room."
She smiled and hugged me. "I'd never thought that I would meet someone other than my family. I'm Octavia."
"Piper." I extended my hand to shake hers.
"It's unfair that they'll kill the second born. We could be such assets".
"There is not enough oxygen".
     "Still. We could be such an asset".
     "Yeah like using our sweat for oxygen". I suggested as I played with a battery from my bag.
     "What?"
     "Think about it, sweat is mostly water. They are made up of hydrogen and oxygen molecules. We can use electricity to separate the molecule. It's electrolysis. We would have hydrogen which can be used for fuel and oxygen for breathing," I explained.
     "Wow yeah The Ark would definitely be losing an asset". She looked down with hands in her pockets. Octavia lightly kicked at the floor. She was nervous.
     I tilted my and examined her posture. Before long,  diamond shaped liquid steamed down her face. My heart dropped back down to the Earth. I quickly embraced her like a snake around it's prey. It wasn't as bone crushing though.
     "You'll find something you're good at. I promise. Who knows maybe you'll lead these people one day," I reassured.
     The door flew open and banged against the wall. As quick as the door opened, the door slammed shut.
     "Why didn't you tell me you were a younger sibling miss,". Bellamy asked.
     "I didn't know you had a younger sibling. I thought that you would've turned me in," I answered.
     "You're right." Bellamy quickly cuffed me while I was still confused. "If they are looking for you, they will find my sister. I will not risk her being floated".
     I was dragged to the sky box and into my cell. Wow what about my trial. I guess I can't plea the 5th or 6th up here. Hell I don't think I can plea any of the U.S amendments.
     Days became a routine-- wake up, read something, eat, bore around, sleep, repeat. Except one day it wasn't. We were sent to the ground. I was finally free.
     When we landed I was shocked to see Bellamy. Before I could call him another voice did.
     "Bellamy?" Someone asked. I turned my head to the right attempting to find the owner of the voice. Octavia.
     Soon the big metallic door of the drop-ship opened. "We're back bitches!" Octavia yelled. A stampede of children ran out into the woods to celebrate their return.
     I made my way out and looked for Octavia. I found her away from the crowd looking at Lupines. "I guess it's worth being arrest by your brother," I smiled.
     Octavia whipped her head around and dropped the picked flower. A wide smile plastered on her face. "Piper!" She tackled me causing me to lose balance and fall over. "Do you still see me leading people?"
     "Of course! You and I are troopers".
     "Troopers? People say that?"
     "Fine we are warriors. Even though we haven't fought or trained, we survived 16 years hiding from everyone else. We know how to hide. Eventually we may need it if we run into trouble."
     "I think I'll be safe with you. You're smart, sneaky, and supportive."
     "O, could you get off me now?"
     A small chuckle escaped her mouth. She turned her body over and plopped down to the right of me. We quietly admired the canopy above us. Her warm, soft, large hands brushed against my cold, smooth, small hands. She quickly retracted her hand, but stopped because I held her hand.
"If I'm going to die down here. I'm glad I get to die with you Blake," I spoke.
"Me too Reyes. Me too," she responded. "We should share a tent." she said as she propped herself up on her left side.
"I would like that your highness," I laughed.
Octavia sat up and quickly turned around grabbing my hand. She pulled me up with her with ease and placed her arm around my shoulders. My hand rested on her waist and we made our way back to the drop-ship.
"Thanks," Octavia spoke.
"For what?"
"For being friends with a second born." she stated as she kissed my head.
"It takes one to understand another." I acknowledged while i rested my head on her shoulder.
It was a beautiful day here on Earth and Octavia made it impossibly better. A new friendship begins.