Introduction: My Brothers Killer

*
Desmond Lamar Brooks
Sunrise January 1, 1993 Sunset February 2, 2014

I looked at his smiling face on the front of his obituary and just broke down crying! (Picture Of Desmond In Media). I would have never imagined losing my only brother to the game.

His killer sat next me . . . . with his head hung low like he cared so much about my brother. I stood slowly and made my way to the alter to say my last goodbyes to my love before they closed the casket. I cleared my throat before I spoke into to microphone. "Not only was Desmond my twin brother... He was my protector, my keeper, and my heart! He was all I had left..... Our father walked out on us when we were only six years old.... Then three years later our Mother known in the neighborhood as Madea passed away from heart failure. After that my brother stepped up and became my father! He made sure I ate, kept cloths on my back, he went out and got it by any means necessary . . And I am forever grateful for that. . . When my daughter Sapphire was born two years ago he promised me he would leave the streets and he did. He loved my baby like she was his ow...." I broke down when I peered into the crowd of weeping faces and seen my baby girl crying and pointing at her uncles lifeless body.

I took a deep breathe whipped my tears and continued talking ".... I have dreams he's still here, I wake up thinking he is just in the next room or down the street at the corner liquor store buying a apple black and mild.... Ive even fantasized that he had been kidnapped, and one day he will come back and we'd be reuni.." I broke down again. I couldn't believe this was happening Des was gone !

My brother didn't return back into the game until he met that man right there . . I glared at his killer . . .TreVon Harris! He hassled my brother for years until finally he agreed to take a few trips with him OT on some drug runs. Des was addicted to fast money and knew the streets like the back of his hands so that was only the beginning for him .... A lil taste of what he had been missing. From there he got deeper and deeper into the game until finally his life was taken from him!

I had nothing more to say I couldn't finish a sentence without breaking down. I stepped down from the podium and made my way over to his casket. "R.I.P big baby" I kissed his pale cold face before returning to my seat.

A few of his homeboys spoke, the preacher spoke, then they carried the casket out. I couldn't bare to go to the resting grounds. I stayed behind as everyone exited the church. When I seen him coming toward me my stomach started to turn he had a awkward smile on his face "sorry for your lost boo" he had the nerve to say.

He even tried to give me a hug but I dodged it by picking up Sapphire. "Don't think we formally met but I'm Von. . One of your brothers closes friends. He talked about you and your daughter alllll the time bruh. ." he laughed reminiscing. "Is that right ?" I said simply.

"Your Desiree right?" I just stared at him. He stopped smiling, I was hoping he could see the hate in my eyes. "Well uh it's nice to finally put a face to the name .... Ill just ... see you around ma, if you ever need anything holla at me" I nodded my head and readjusted Sapphire on my hip. I watched as he walked away dapping niggas up along the way. If only he knew how much I hated him!

That was a day I could/ would never forget ! The day I lost a piece of my heart and the day I looked my brothers killer in the eyes for the very first time . . . Throu he didn't pull the trigger, he was the one who brought him back into the life that I tried so hard to keep him out off and in my eyes that's was a hundred times worse so he might as well had pulled the trigger himself . . .