Blondie spoke "Blood." He rose to his feet and showed his freinds the blood on his hand. 

Crap. That was mine. 

"Do you smell that?" He murmured. 

They shook their heads, "No" They all said in unison. 

I started to panic and looked around for an escape route. My only option was to jump and try to reach one of the trees near me.I gulped and shakily pulled myself to my feet. Blondie must've heard the movement and looked up. 

"There!" He growled. His friends nodded and two of them started to climb the tree, while blondie and the last guy spread out looking ready to what, catch me? 

I shook my head to myself. Hell no. This is not the way I'm going to die. I didn't think twice and lauched myself at the closest tree. I groaned as the wind got knocked out of me as a grabbed at the trunk. My hands couldn't find their grip though and before I could register what was happening, I was falling towards the ground. 

Fuck. 

I braced myself for the impact with the floor but I never hit it. I fell into soft arms instead. My eyes were wide as saucers and I looked up to see blondie looking down at me. 

"Mate"  He mumbled in disbeleif. I felt it too. The sparks, the mouth watering scent of warm vanilla and cinnamon and the way looking into his eyes made my stomach do flips. "Mate" I whispered in just as much disbelief.

My breath caught in my throat. This just got a lot more complicated.

Sense suddenly hit me as I tried to scramble away but this man was stronger than anyone I'd ever encounted. Panic rose in my chest. Oh god, I'm so screwed.

His eyes softened as he loosened his hold on me slightly. "Hey, it's okay, love. I'm not going to hurt you"

I eyed him cautiously, observing his body language and his features. I also took into account how beautiful this man was. His face was soft and looked kind as he watched me, his emerald orbs skimming over my face and body, appearing to be taking note of my injuries. 

"My name is Carlos. What is yours?" He asked gently, seemingly trying to calm me down.

I didn't respond instantly. I was unsure of whether I should. People didn't need to know my name and I was never asked. I was just a rogue. No one knew I even existed. My name was also something sacred to me. It was a gift given to me by my parents and I know it sounded silly but it comforted me knowing that they named me with love in their heart and mind. I debated telling him my name. I considered the fact that he might reject me once he found out I was unable to shift, so in the end my name wouldn't really matter. Something within me was telling me it was okay and that I could trust him.

"Evangeline" I eventually responded, it sounded almost like a whisper but I knew he heard.

He grinned. "Hello Evangeline, what a beautiful name" He smiled in awe.

I tried once again to climb out of his arms, not liking how childlike I felt and must've looked.

"Easy now" he looked pained by my reaction. "You're alright, you're safe now"

He let me down anyway, sensing my anxiety. I put all of my weight on one leg and tried to hide my wince as I let a little bit of weight on my injuired leg. 

"Are you alright? What happened there?" he gestured to my leg. 

I nodded. "I-um-nothing" I answered shyly. It had been a long time since I had spoken so it felt strange. 

He nodded. "Okay, well, would you mind if I had a look?" He asked carefully. 

I shrugged and nodded my head.