7

I woke up on the cold, wet ground. The water was seeping into my clothes and froze me to my bones. I shivered and pulled myself to my knees. I looked up at the girls and they stood back away from me. They looked afraid.

"I won't hurt you" I assured them.

"What the hell was that, Evageline?" Poppy cried out, fear seeping into her words.

I looked down at my hands. "I don't know" I mumbled. "That's never happened before"

I was sure I was pale from fear. What was that?

There was an ear peircing shrill shrieking that rang through the silence that had fell around us. It took a moment for us to realise it was Xainier's phone.

"Xainier? We're outside the mall, where are you?" Carlos sounded frantic and I suddenly felt scared. What was he going to think of me now?

"We're just around the righthand corner of the mall." She muttered back to him.

They were both still stood a good two metres away from me, shock covering their expression. I heard frantic footsteps approaching us and I snapped my head in the direction they were coming from, ready to fight again. Carlos rounded the corner, with his beta following closely behind him. I let out a breath and felt my body relax again.

He frowned as he took in the scence in front of him. The wolf lay on the floor, near the girls, unflinching, only shallow breathing, and me on my knees on the floor.

He approached me slowly. "Hey" he said softly, "What happened?" he asked as he helped me to my feet.

I looked between my hands and the wolf. This was probably just a dream. I'd wake up soon. I looked back to him. "I-I don't know" I admitted

He frowned and looked at the girls, they both shrugged. "She like zapped him with lightning" Xainier mumbled like she was trying to get her head around it.

Carlos looked even more confused. "let's head back to the pack. We can sort it out there. Max, help me put this wolf into the trunk . Girls decide which car you want to be in. I'll drive mine and Max will drive Poppy's."

Max walked over to Poppy and pulled her into his arms. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" He murmured. She nodded numbly, like she was unsure of her answer.

I decided it was best for me to sit in whichever car the girls weren't in, since they seemed scared of me. I sat in the passenger seat of Carlos' car as he and Max loaded in Kegan's body. I didn't know if he was dead or just knocked out, and I wasn't too sure i wanted to know the answer.

Carlos got into the car a few moments later and started driving away from the mall. We were both silent until we made it onto the highway and then he broke the silence.

"How did that happen to your face? Why were you on the floor?" He gripped the steering wheel tightly, probably assuming the worse.

"I got into a fight with that wolf and I saw him approach Poppy while I was dazed and it was like a fire was lit within me and then there was this lighting coming out of my hands and then I blacked out. I don't know what it was! I don't know why it happened!" I noticed by this point I was crying from the shock and the fear.

"Hey, it's okay. Deep breaths okay?" Carlos grabbed my hand and this helped me calm down slightly.

"Who is he?" He was clearly itching to ask that the whole time.

"He's a past client who I made a deal with, but I didn't fufil my end of the bargin" I sighed. "The daggers I stole from your pack? They were his purchase from me."