"Is it true that Jackie said it was ok to let all these kids come over?" I asked.

 "Yes, she said this will help me make friends" he answered, looking down at his hands. Was he having trouble making friends?

 "Is it ok?" he asked looking up at me with his cute small brown eyes. I don't know why but the way he was looking at him made my heartbeat.  "Sure" I said trying to control my heartbeat.

 "Thank you" he quickly said with a smile running out into the backyard with his friends.

 Jackie when you get back your sure going to get it.

 I walked backed upstairs and went to take a shower, once I was done I ate what was left of Max's cereal. When I was done I slowly walked to the backyard to see that it got transformed into a baseball field "What the--"

 "Catch the ball James!" I heard a kid yell, the front porch had a table full of snakes and lemonade.

 "Hey, Mr. Powers" I looked up to see Micky with a baseball helmet and a bat "We need a pitcher" I looked around making sure he wasn't talking to someone else

 "Come on, are we going to play or what?" another kid yelled.

 "Alright" I said with a sigh since I had no choice. "Ready?" I said as I was about to pitch.

 "Bring it on!" Micky yelled as he was getting ready to swing. I haven't played baseball since high school was I was a little afraid of how this might play out.

 As I threw the ball it barely went anywhere "Just warming up" I said with a laugh, I quickly picked up the ball and threw the second pitch. This time instead of hitting him it went towards his feet.

 "Gosh, come on old man we won't have all day" I turned around to see a kid with a blue helmet.

 "You can do it!" I turned to the sides to see Max, he smiled and gives me a thumbs up. I smiled,  "Watch this!" I yell back at him, standing up straight I close my eyes and count to three taking a deep breath, I throw the ball again.

 "Strike one!"

By the end of the game Max's team one which was the red team. After the game, I started to teach some of them how to catch in throw "It seemed like this old man still got it" I said patting Jose on the back. I now learn the boy's names, Jose was the troublemaker while Carlos his little brother was the shy nice one. There's Jace who I found out his mom is the principal, he doesn't want many people to know. And the boy with the afro is James, which I can't understand how he fit his helmet in there by the way. 

 After a while we all were getting tired "Hey everyone, let's take a break, Dory made cookies for us" when Max said cookie it was like Black Friday all over again. All the boys drop their things and quickly ran and followed Max to the picnic table. I shook my head and started to clean up the mess they left behind. As I  was putting back all the baseball stuff into the box I heard a lot of laughter coming from the table. Looking up at a smiled never in years, I thought I would be hosting a playdate. It's nice to have some light in this house.  Watching the boys eat the snacks and drinks that Jackie left for them--Whoa that was wired to say. When I was done, I realize I need a gardener. The yard looked horrible I'm surprised Jose didn't make a comment about that. the grass reached to my knees, and there were so many weeds and ant holes. How did I let them play in this mess?

 "Raw!" I looked up to see Max and the boys eating the animal cookies. I walked up to them and took the cookie from Jose's hands just as he was about to put it in his mouth.

 "Hey!" he yelled, I stick my tough at him and took a bit.

 "Wow, this is really good" I said taking another from Jose.

 "Yeah, we know," he said rolling his eyes. 

 "Who made these?" I asked pouring my self a lemonade.

 "Jackie" Micky answered.

 "Wow" these cookies were great, best thing I ever tasted. They came in many different flavors and shapes. After we finish eating we all decided to go back inside into the living room I was going to ask if they wanted to watch a movie but then Max came out and said who wants to play video games. I was again surprised since when did he have video games? 

 "Thank you, Mr. Powers," all the boys said before they left with their mothers.

 "No problem, and feel free to come again," I said waving goodbye as they walked into the cars. Closing the door behind me I saw Max sitting on the couch asleep, I smiled and walked over to him. I don't think Max and I ever had this much fun together or even invited people over. I don't even invite my parents. I never thought I'll see Max this happy, and to find out he has all these friends? when did that happen?

 I don't know what Jackie did but I like it.