300 Years Of Heaven Was A Punishment

Start from the beginning

For the next 110 years, I reflected back on my life. It may seem like a long time to think about 21 years of life, but you can learn a lot more about your life just by revisiting the same memory thousands of times. You learn to see things in more than just your perspective, in ways much more than the words said.

It took me 160 years to finally snap. I don't know what came over me, but I wanted to leave this place. I wanted to go to hell. Anything would be better than here.

This is when everything around me started to fall apart.

It started with me walking up to the bodies of light we called the angels. I tried talking to them, but they never responded back to a word I said. When I truly became desperate, I tried to attack them in any way possible, but anything I struck them with would just go through them. With every attempt, they just looked at them and said the same thing. "Keep searching. Keep walking. For you will find the answer."

Eighty years have gone by since then, and all I have done was failed attempts of attacking other angels as well as asking everyone else if they knew what the answer was. Everything was a failure. I started to give up hope, but I started on the longest journey of my life. I turned around and started running as fast as I could.

I would still see the man flip the sign over and tell us what the next day was. It was annoying at times, but it was really the only thing that kept me from going insane.

55 years go by.

It is now my 295th year in Heaven, and I started to see the gate I walked through three lifetimes ago.

Three years of constant running and I don't feel like I'm any closer, but the scenery around me changes. I am now surrounded by body parts and blood lying all around where I run. I came across a couple of heads, and whenever I see each one I stop running and asking them what happened. Each of them said the same exact thing, "Don't look for the truth. The truth won't help you. Endure the punishment. It only gets worse from here." I started to get scared. Not just scared for my life. This was far more. I was scared for my soul. The part that will never die. The part that will suffer for all eternity. No matter how bad we were cut up, sliced open, or just cut into dozens of pieces like the people around me now, I would not be able to leave. This was a punishment that will never end.

After three years of running and hearing the same thing over and over again, I started to second guess myself, but I needed to know. It was beyond curiosity. I was trying to get out of the eternal suffering I ended up in.

Two years later and the start of my 300th year I approached the gates. I walked up to the man that stood in the front of the gate and fell to my knees, a defeated man. He looked at me with the same eyes that were filled with disappointment and sadness before saying, "Nathan Cliff. Poor Nathan Cliff."

I begged him to let me out. To let me leave, but he simply said back, "Learn the truth and you may leave."

In between heavy breaths of panic, I replied back, "They told me you would tell me the truth. Or that I would find the truth on my way here."

He simply said back, "You know the truth."

I said the first thing in my mind "Is this Hell?"

He chuckled and said, "No. You are in Heaven, but what makes you think Heaven is for the good? You left the paradise created by God. The paradise ruined by us. We can blame the devil all we want, but we are the ones that continue to do wrong. Do you think Lucifer continues to spread his lies to the people when the lies are spread for him?"

I wanted to argue with him, but deep down I knew that was the truth. Humans are truly what ruined the world God made us. Lucifer may have tempted us, but we are the ones that truly ruined it.

I woke back up and saw the woman that was talking to me before I lived through the scariest experience of my life.

She calmly said, "Don't worry. You're back now. Don't go on us. We're almost there."

I knew she was mostly saying it for herself, but I gave her my best attempt of a nod. She put the defibrillator back down and we were silent for the rest of the ride.

I'm in the hospital now.

I learned that I was dead for 45 seconds. 45 seconds that created exactly 300 years for me.

I'm on my phone now. The doctors are done treating me. Pain is still erupting all over my body, but man does it feel good. I have a tray of food in front of me.

Carrot sticks that I never liked, but it is bursting with flavor for me. Water that is quenching my parched throat, and after I post this experience to you guys I am going to enjoy a good nights rest.