seventeen!

chapter seventeen  match

above the paradise in the form of land, lanterns were lit everywhere, hanging on metal wires.

the music festival ended three hours later, and the boys and girl were looking for more activities to do.

"we haven't tried the game booths yet, right?" millie asked her best friends. "oh, yeah! thanks for remembering, brown." noah says. and gaten dared to open his mouth, "caleb, are you ready for me to beat you in all of the game booths in this damn carnival?" he tested the dark skinned boy.

"you wish, matarazzo!" caleb answered back and ran along with gaten, like little kids.

"i better watch them, have fun, and be safe." noah jogged up to them.

and how ironic is it that noah is the smallest one out of the group, but he still acted like the mom of the four?

"i sometimes feel bad for him," millie confesses as she and finn walked, trying to find something to do.

"who noah?"

"yeah."

"agreed. he's always watching over those two devils," finn says. "and i mean caleb and gaten." millie let out a short laugh, as finn places his hands in the pockets of his denim jeans that paired with a flannel.

and millie spotted something, a booth that had a banner atop of it, that read: 'henna tattoo'. her brown eyes lit up.

"hey, batman, lookie there!" finn's eyes darted to where millie's finger pointed at. "you wanna go there? and do that?" finn asked, which millie answered with a 'fuck yeah'. and finn scratched his neck, putting his arm down. "well, as long as it isn't in the face, yeah? i'm sure my soulmate wouldn't appreciate that."

"yeah. she definitely wouldn't." millie smirked at him, before grabbing his hand and leading him to the booth.

there were two tables, with two artists, for two costumers.

"have a seat, miss." the first artist said, she was a girl, and she had purple hair with an ear, nose and lip piercing.

millie sat across from her, finn doing the same to the second artist who was a male, and had tattoos all over his body.

millie sat facing (her artist) to the left, while finn sat facing (his artist) to the right, and so the two soulmates were back to back.

"hi, dear. my name's sandy. what would you want?" sandy asked politely. "wait, this isn't permanent, right?" millie followed up with another question, and sandy chuckled lightly, "no honey, it's only temporary for about two to three weeks."

"oh thank god." sandy chuckles again.

"what's your name?"

"millie."

"millie. well, what do you want tattooed?"

"um, i guess i'd want it on my inner wrist." millie pointed to her right inner wrist, sandy nodded.

"hm, okay, what design?"