five!

chapter five the english project

millie kept the drawing on her arm, seeing that her soulmate didn't reply. if he was going to play this way, then so was she.

now, how am i gonna hide this? millie thought. this boy was pretty fucking strong to handle this kind of torture.

millie threw on what she called the 'slack with black'— a cropped black sweater (not really, it just didn't fit her that much anymore), and some mom jeans, paired with her black converse. she wore this outfit on her lazy days.

sighing, she grabbed her bag, and jogged downstairs.

this week was hell week. and that was all because of her hard headed soulmate.

millie was early for her first period; english. she sat in her usual seat, next to sadie sink. who was there, earlier than millie.

"well, well, well, good morning miss brown." sadie cooed, resting her freckled cheeks on both of her palms, her elbows on her desk. "hi, sadie." millie simply said, dropping her bag on the floor.

"what's up with you and the twins?"

millie grew in confusion. "twins?"

"you know, maddie and lilia."

millie stayed silent. "okay, so something did happen." it sounded like sadie questioned, more than stated.

a small 'yes' only came from millie's mouth. she didn't want to spread her petty drama with her friends. let alone to someone she wasn't close with.

i mean, yes, sadie and millie know each other, and they're seat mates. but that's about it.

"wanna talk about it?" sadie was concerned. this was kind of serious since the trio never had a fight, they were friends since second grade. it probably explains why they were so angry at each other. they were new to this feeling.

"fine." millie sighed, running a hand through her chestnut hair. "um, maddie called me one night, asking if i wanna hang with her, jack, lilia and jaeden. then, i kinda said something about not wanting to be near them and their soulmates, and maddie lashed out at me. we haven't talked since." millie finishes her story with another deep sigh.

"okay, class, it's already time to start english!" mrs. kowalski starts speaking in an energetic voice. millie looked around seeing the classroom filled up. is that how fast time flies?

"now, we're gonna work on a new project! isn't that exciting?" she asked cheerfully causing multiple students including millie herself to groan.

"c'mon it isn't that bad. and i promise you, it's going to be an easy and fun project!" she claps her hands. "now, since we are doing spoken word poetry, specifically poems about love, you and your partner are tasked to make a 4 stanza poem about your perspective of love to the whole class!"

a student raised his hand, and mrs. kowalski gestured him to stand up. "yes mr. hamilton?"

"um, i was just wondering, since we're still kids, grade 10! 16 and 17 year olds, we don't know anything about love. how would we write a poem about love if we're too young to understand?"

"brilliant question, nicholas. you may take your seat." nicholas nodded and sat down. "it doesn't have to be romance, it can be love for your family or friends. even your passion! it's up to you! i just need your perspective on love." mrs. kowalski finalized, "anymore questions?" everyone responded in unison with 'no miss'.

"now here are your partners! plus, i partnered up boy with girl. girl with boy. so if you're planning on doing romantic love, it's easier." she smiled. "okay," mrs. kowalski started reading from the list, pushing her red glasses up her nose. "noah schnapp and jennifer hayes, gaten matarazzo and grace vanderwaal, wyatt oleff and sophia lilis, jack grazer and ellie hiyar, finn wolfhard and millie brown-"

finn groaned. he hated these type of projects, especially with girls, who were always trying to hook up. this 'millie' is probably going to be one of those girls. plus, isn't this girl british? he thought to himself. so chances of her being a whore is high.

meanwhile, millie turned her head to sadie, "who the hell is he?"

"oh, finn? i have music and maths with him. he's pretty good at playing the guitar. and he likes algebra."

"okay? how does he look like?"

"um, let's see, black curly-" sadie looked behind millie, "ah! there he is!" the red head pointed behind millie, who immediately turned her head, seeing the guy who she bumped into yesterday. and the same guy who had soul-taking eyes.

as soon as it was recess, millie held one of her pink sticky notes. looking for finn.

she was a little bit nervous, so she fiddled with the small paper, making it crumpled.

then the british girl approached the lockers, and she finally saw him. finn was opening his locker, throwing in books he didn't need, then getting books he needed. millie thought he looked nice. he had a dark grey sweater on, with some plain black jeans.

as he was about to leave, millie bit her lip, skipping towards the tall boy and tip toeing slightly to tap his clothed shoulder.

finn turned around, being faced with a girl, she looked familiar.

"um, yes?" he asked, looking down at her, since she was a few inches shorter than him.

"hi, i'm millie b-brown." she awkwardly stretched her hand towards finn who gave her a look, and shook his head, putting her hand down. "hi. i'm finn."

"yeah i know, cause' you're my partner for the english project, which is exactly why i approached you." millie blushed.

"oh. uh-" finn was cut off, "yes. here's my address, please see me tonight. it's due in a week and i want to start early. so, please be there?" she asked hopefully, with a smile, handing him the small sticky note with her address.

"okay." finn said, getting the small paper from her small hands, their fingers slightly touching making millie feel even more awkward. "see you at your mansion, rich brit!" finn saluted before he left and millie rolled her eyes playfully.

"you're pretty annoying for a first meeting, finn wolfhard." she yelled back.

finn laughed maniacally, "i'll take that as a compliment, millie brown." finn said loudly, not looking back.

then, finn looked at millie one last time, before turning to another hall way, out of her sight.

NOTE BITCH    200 READS THANK YOU! I FUCKING LOVE YOU ALL!