eleven!

chapter eleven  it felt so, right

a finger tapped on millie's window ledge as she sat there, the warm wind blowing through her chestnut hair.

if there was one thing millie was feeling right now, it was boredom.

when she woke up, at exactly seven a.m., all she did was sit on her small cushioned chair and tapped to random beats on the window ledge.

and it's nine a.m., as of the moment, so millie has been doing the same thing for two hours straight.

then, as if the heavens heard her cry (of too much boredom), millie's phone rang. the contact name 'finnie' flashing on the screen with the bat emoji next to it.

she picked it up swiftly, "hey, batman!"

"hey." finn greeted with a smile. "mills, do you wanna meet my friends?"

"you have friends?" finn rolled his eyes. "i'm just joking. yeah, sure."

"great! i'll pick you up at ten?"

"wait- wait, what are we gonna do?"

"laser tag. caleb's gonna treat us."

"who's cal-"

"stop asking questions, and get ready!"

"fuck off!" finn laughed before ending the call.

as the right clock hand reaches ten, millie's converse skipped down the stairs, and out of her house under a minute.

she saw finn's pick up truck, and smiled as his mop of curls popped out, his freckled cheeks spreading as he smiled, and called millie to get in.

"c'mon, mills! hurry your ass up!"

millie pushed back her hair, before getting in finn's black car and shutting the door closed.

finn started the ignition and drove off.

"let's make sure this car ride isn't gonna boring." finn mutters, turning on the radio, connecting his phone to the aux cord.

"we don't need damn music when i'm here!" millie yelled and finn laughed humorously, "yeah, right."

'my kind of woman' by mac demarco echoed inside the car, and it rang through millie's ears.

"wow. mac demarco? you have good music taste, finnie." finn nodded and smirked at millie's statement. and that smirk turned into a smile when she started to sing.

"oh, baby," millie sang, swaying to the rhythm. "oh, man."

finn didn't dare to sing with her. he adored the way her voice was smooth like vanilla, and how the angelic it sounded as it echoed, bouncing around the car making it's way into finn's ears in the most graceful way.

"you're making me crazy," millie was now bopping her head up and down, to the beat, playing an imaginary guitar, smiling to herself. "yeah, you're driving me mad."

she was in her own little world.

"and that's alright with me, it's really no fuss." finn's cheeks spread it's widest, as he grinned throughout the whole thing. "as long as you're next to me, just the two of us." millie noticed finn got quiet, and opened her eyes, turning her head to the boy driving.

"sing with me finnie- you're my, my, my, my kind of woman!" millie yelled.

he looked at the girl next to him, who was dancing hysterically, and laughed.