eight!

chapter eight fuck you, soulmate

it was six o'clock in the morning, and the sun was starting to rise.

millie woke up, in content with the events that happened yesterday. she was actually relaxed because it was the first time she did anything not involving her ignorant soulmate.

now because of that freckled-face boy, millie brown actually had the energy to go to school.

now because of that freckled-face boy, millie finally decided to wash that damn drawing.

millie made her way in the jam packed cafeteria, and of course she was alone.

she was about to go to the empty table at the back until- "boo!"

millie's heart dropped, as she gasped and turned around.

"fucker!" she slapped the suspect. of course, it's finn wolfhard.

"you alone?"

"always!" sarcasm showed as millie smiled. "you?"

"same as well. all my friends skipped school today."

"why?"

"they're supposed taking mr. uris' quiz this afternoon. but they didn't study for it. so they skipped."

millie laughed. "you wanna go outside?" finn offered, and millie nodded.

the lanky boy opened the creaky door for the brunette, who blushed and shook her head smiling. "what? i'm being a gentleman."

millie giggled and stepped outside of the noisy cafeteria. the cool breeze fanning her face.

"wow, you're actually wearing a shirt."

millie looked behind her seeing finn, who was also in a shirt.

"i drew on my arm, remember?" finn nodded, "and hey, you're wearing a shirt, too!"

"i had something on my arm." finn explained, millie shrugged.

as soon as the two went up the bleachers that stood outside, and sat on the highest bench.

finn brought a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, he wiggles his eyebrows, "yeah?"

"um, no." millie declined.

"you're no fun!" finn cooed.

"didn't i just prove you wrong yesterday? or do i have to do it again?"

millie grabbed a cigarette from the opened pack, and placed it in between her heart-shaped lips. finn took out his blue lighter, flicking it, as he lit it up for the girl, and lit up his own, as well. millie took a long drag, and coughed afterwards.

"wow." finn muttered as he inhaled the toxic smoke, his arms in a perpendicular matter, his right elbow resting on his left wrist.

and after a few drags, millie got used to smoking, as they shared childhood memories, smoke and laughter filling the atmosphere surrounding them.

"thanks a lot, finnie." millie states, still out of breath from laughing.

"for what?" finn still had a smile on is face, as he dropped his third cigarette on the , millie following his actions.

"sticking with me unlike everyone does."

the sun was preparing to set, and millie was alone in her house like always. but she wasn't sleeping, or listening to music, or even trying to talk to her soulmate, no.

this time was different. this time she was, thinking.

millie was thinking of finn. she was thinking of how he made her better after her soulmate had frustrated her.

millie was trying so hard to get her soulmate's attention. it made her feel all kinds of emotions, like a hurricane. and not even her parents could make her feel better, not even her friends, not even her fucking soulmate, seeing as he caused it, anyway.

it was only finn who made her feel better.

millie wished that her and finn were soulmates. but they aren't. if they were, she would've known. cause' he'd tell her about his soulmate, and millie knows she rants to finn about hers.

but as of now, millie doesn't give a single fuck about her soulmate. he made her frustrated enough.

grabbing a marker, she wrote on her left wrist: fuck you, soulmate.

then millie laid on her back, and turned to look at her wrist where she left her message until she saw something she thought that she would never see in forever.

fuck you too, soulmate!

note   i promised an update, so here 'ya go! but- BITCH. 400. FUCKING. READS. AHSJIDHJDKKDKDKDK THANK YOU SO MUCH! HERE'S THE SECOND UPDATE! things are starting to heat tf up, and i hope y'all are ready for it.

i'm so thankful for you all, i just published this book 4 days ago, and it got 400 reads already. again, thank you.

much love, from your favourite bitch,

caitlyn.