six!

chapter six watch your fucking attitude

finn wolfhard looked at the slightly crumpled pink sticky note that had millie brown's address written on it.

eleven. elm & cherry street.
see ya! -mbb
(my #: 4162798)

her writing was a bit small, and cursive. it almost looked familiar.

finn walked up to what he assumed was the brown household. his feet going up the small tiny steps to the door.

truth be told, he kinda tolerated millie. for her first impression, she wasn't a brat, nor she was a slut. like most girls he knew after her.

plus, millie was actually kinda pretty, too.

finn shook his head, denying his second thought. silly boy. he rung the small door bell which had the number eleven on top in gold.

millie was startled when she heard a small ring! coming from downstairs. her eyes widened, and her lazy demeanor dropped as she scurried around the house, looking for a sweater, a jacket, maybe, or just something that could cover her masterpiece of a drawing that was plastered on her arm.

after a minute, millie finally found a mustard yellow sweatshirt.

ring! millie was already going down the stairs.

"coming!" she yelled. millie reached the small oak door, twisting the knob, the door flying open, revealing finn wolfhard in a camo bomber jacket.

"hey." millie mutters. "hi." finn says back.

then, silence.

millie rocks her heels back and forth, biting her lip. as finn awkwardly watches the nervous girl. "should i come in-"

"oh! yes, yes, of course, sorry." millie gestured finn to come in, and when he did he looked around millie's house. "thought you'd live in a mansion but this'll do." finn sarcastically says, shrugging. millie chuckled. "i'm not a 'rich brit', finn."

"whatever. where's your bossy parents?" finn questioned as he plopped down on the couch.

"my mum has a late shift today, and my dad works overseas." millie sat beside the boy.

"that's pretty cool." finn replies, looking at her.

millie sighed, "well, it lessens my time with them."

finn's playful smile was now a straight line as he continued to stare at the girl. "sorry."

"don't be. wanna work on that project now?"

finn nodded, as they both stood up from the couch. and millie grabbed his hand, leading him upstairs to her bedroom.

when they arrived, millie got her notebook, pen, and sat down on her bed. while finn, looked around her nicely decorated room.

"are you gonna sit?"

"you have a princess-y type of room." finn said, as he sat beside her, "thank you?" millie replied, following with a small giggle.

"no problem." finn smiled. "what type of love are we gonna do?" he asked. "i was hoping for romance, since i have a lot of ideas about it." millie said, and finn agreed with her, "and i have a lot to say about it."

"well, to start it off, what do you think about love in general, finn?"

"um... i think love is dangerous." finn sums up his own long meaning of love.

"well, i think, love is a feeling you yearn for." millie says. "but why'd you think that?" she questioned. "erm, logic..." finn lied, afraid of his own past.

millie shrugged. "well, we're all gonna fall in love eventually." finn nodded. "true."

"then maybe your logic is wrong, finnie."

"yeah, sure. the soulmate thing has me fucked up, though." finn laughed, and millie nodded.

"my soulmate isn't replying." millie says, slouching now.

"my soulmate is annoying. hence why i don't reply."

millie looked up at him, just staring, until he looked back. she took a deep breath, "that's so fucking unfair." millie states in disbelief, straightening her back. "when your soulmate is helplessly waiting for you, probably sending you messages, and you don't give a fuck?"

"yup!" finn says, popping the 'p'. he smiles widely, seeing her angry state.

"why, finnie? why do you make love such a bad thing?"

oh, now he knows that they're not joking here.

"because it is a bad thing." he replies bluntly.

"it isn't! just open up-"

"and how do you know that? god, you act as if you're my soulmate." finn was now angry, and dropped his playful manner.

millie huffs. "i just feel bad. i mean i've been working so hard to get his attention. i drew a dick on his arm for god sake!"

finn was about to reply until he realized something and furrowed his brows... finn had the same thing on his arm, he was so, so, so confu- "please, just go." millie began to feel irritated, and interrupted his thoughts.

"i'm having a headache because of you. i'll have the first line of the stanza by tomorrow. goodbye, finn." millie said as politely as possible.

"okay." was all finn said before he got up from her bed, and slammed the door closed. leaving millie alone once again in her house.