thirteen!

chapter thirteen  a sudden surprise

as five months have passed, the last day of school arrived, but before that highly awaited day, millie and finn grew closer than ever— millie was now officially part of finn's clique. the two would watch movies on finn's rooftop every saturday (it was a routine). and the duo would eat together at pop's (millie grew to love it), ivy the waitress started calling millie by a nickname, 'millster'.

and the thought of the kiss finn and millie shafted during that one saturday afternoon still lingered in their minds like something in their teeth; it always bothered the two. none of them spoke up about it though, as they were too afraid, that it might bring awkwardness to their bond.

however, finn was still off limits to love. he was completely denying what he was feeling for his bestfriend, and he convinced himself that the kiss was nothing. but millie... oh, no she wasn't.

the mix of student's screams and the loud ringing bell signaling this school year was finally over interrupted millie's daydream about finn, and their little adventures before this goddamn day.

and now only, millie realizes, she was truly, free; no more bitchy teachers, no more tiring assignments, no more annoying students. she was free.

millie sprinted out of the classroom with a smile made of gold, her sneakers feeling the paper beneath, as dimples imprinted her cheeks, and the feeling of happiness, danced around her heart like a spinning record.

millie approached her locker with a twirl, stopping herself when she heard a familiar giggle.

"you didn't see anything, batman." millie confirmed, a blush coating her dimpled cheeks, as she saw finn leaning against the locker beside hers, flashing her a playful smile.

"oh but i did..." finn commented, millie closed her eyes and scrunched her nose up in embarrassment, what a show you put on, millie! you're so damn awkward. way to fucking go!

"and someone's just a little too happy." he smiled at the adorable sight.

millie just giggled, getting her books out, ready to throw them in the bin later.

"of course, it is the last day of school. who wouldn't be happy?" she tried to cover up her blushing face, with a joyful response.

"you exceeded the limit."

"well, didn't know there was a limit to be happy." millie joked.

finn chuckled at her response, "anyways, wanna throw this shit out, now, mills?" finn said, pointing his thumb back to his backpack, that was filled with his heavy books.

"gladly." millie smirked, and finn gave her a small grin as they approached the exit, and from afar they could see their best friends, arguing, as always.

the pair gave each other a look before rolling their eyes at their friends, and went up to them. the three didn't even notice that finn and millie had arrived.

"i'm telling you, for the one millionth time, gaten. i do not like her!" caleb scowled. then, gaten laughing sarcastically, wiping a fake tear under his eye, "please, all you're ever talking about is sadie, sadie, sadie-"