The palm of Heine's hand pushed Xiao's head into his chest, the force so extreme he felt that his skull would crack open. At his ear the sound of blade and bone erupted and only then did Xiao realize his body was almost entirely embraced by Heine.

Any zombie who approached him was split open by Heine's sharpened edge.

Just as the respirator on Xiao's face was about to crack from Heine's hold on him, he released him.

Xiao lowered his head and looked down at the zombie remains littering the floor, if not for the respirator he would probably have vomited from the stench.

The team had taken out hundreds of zombies in less than 5 minutes.

As they approached the cage where the hostage was tied, the man in the chair trembled and sobbed. Xiao recognized him as Professor Manson.

He was the academy's most famous virologist and held a rank as General, but why was he here? "You have to release him from the cage, right?"

Mark looked at him pointedly, Xiao held his hands up helplessly, "hey... This is not my area of expertise."

While they were looking doubtfully at the cage, contemplating the best way to approach opening it, Heine took matters into his own hand.

Heine silently walked up to the cage and pulled his blade out ready to chop. A loud crash reverberated through the room. The metal of the cage was cut neatly open. Xiao stood stunned and Mark was the first to speak.

"I guess the Boss has a most direct approach."

The ordinary steel of the cage was no match for Heine's special force's blade.

Xiao hurried into the cage to untie the Professor, his lips were very pale.

"Professor are you alight?"

In a flash, Professor Manson brutally yanked Xiao into him and wrapped his hand around his neck.

Xiao Yan didn't even have a chance to react, Heine went to grab him, his fingers only grazing his wrist as the professor pulled him away.

Such a rapid and unexpected move that even Heine Burton didn't respond in time.

All the special forces went into an alert state, Xiao looked into the eyes of Heine, as the events realization slowly dawned on him.

Professor Manson ...

His hands went to his waist but before he could even touch the gun, Manson twisted his fingers and the gun clattered to the ground.

"So you have joined with the Surge, General Manson." As the Heine's cold voice filled the room, Mark's grip on his weapon tightened and Maya slowly pulled the silver wire filaments from his wrist.

"Damn it, we have been betrayed."

The corner of Manson's mouth lifted in a smirk as he stepped toward the door, still firmly holding onto Xiao Yan.

"Colonel Burton, I am aware of your skills. Do not follow me, or I will break his neck"

"You bastard!"

Mark took a step forward, only to hear a crack as Manson dislocated Xiao Yan's wrist. Xiao clenched his teeth as the blood drained from his face.

Heine Burton quickly held Mark back.

"Don't come any closer, or I will tear the whole thing off. Not even the X-virus can heal a severed limb."

"Professor ... Why......Do this?"