"I wasn't worried about you," he says, pushing her out of the way and making his way over to me. It was obvious I hadn't moved besides sitting up, and he notices me cradling my injured arm.

"I'm staying here tonight," he says forcefully, and I jerk my head up to meet his gaze. The nurse splutters in surprise, stepping forwards.

"You can't do that!" she says, poitning a finger at him. He just shrugs, pulling up a chair and sitting in it.

"I'm going to. You gonna try to stop me?" he asks, staring directly into her eyes, the most intense glare I've ever seen him pull. She stumbles backwards, then flicks her hair over her shoulder and stalks out of the room.

"If she comes back, tell them she threatened to kill me," I say, slumping backwards as he adjusts the bed for me.

"What even happened?" he asks, brushing my hair out of my face.

"It's been like this all week, since you guys started visiting me. Not as bad as this time though. She got jealous I had so many cute guys coming to visit me. Her words, not mine," I say, laughing at Eijiro's crestfallen expression. He chuckles, leaning back in his chair and stretching his arms above his head.

"So she threatened to kill you?" he says after a few seconds. I shake my head.

"She said she didn't understand why I had so many boys visit me. And I responded that it was because I wasn't a stuck up bitch who complains every chance I get," I reply, watching his face break into a grin. He high fives me and I laugh.

"Nice job. Be careful, though. She might complain to someone," he says, and I chuckle at his awfully executed joke.

"Yeah that was a bad one," he admits sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. My laughs turn to chuckles, then we lapse into silence once again. Leaves rustled outside a window and a few birds chirp. The last rays of sunlight dip below the horizon, stars appearing in the sky as we sit in eachother's company.

"Hey, (Y/N)?"

I tilt my head towards him, curious. His face was a bit red, and he was rubbing the back of his head again.

"Are you gonna be alright?"

I tilt my head further, this time in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"There's no injuries left of the Villain attack other than your arm, right?"

"As far as I know. Why?" I ask, wondering why he was asking this. His mouth turns down at the corners and he turns his gaze to the floor, clasping his hands together in front of him.

"I felt really bad after the attack. Kept thinking I could've stopped it," he says, his voice slightly muffled. My heart twinges at his tone of voice, twisting in pity and compassion.

"If you tried, you would've been caught as well," I respond, raising my uninjured hand to his cheek. He clasps it in his hand as well, taking me by surprise and that same unfamiliar feeling makes another appearance, once again gone in a heartbeat.

"I know that, I just... I just keep thinking I could've stopped this," he says, resting his other hand on my bandaged arm. The light pressure sends a little jolt through me but I don't flinch away.

"Eijiro, it's fine. Don't blame yourself," I say quietly, running my thumb along his cheekbone. He turns his gaze up to mine and my heart skips a beat. He leans in, and it would be so easy. It would be so easy to just let him kiss me.

"Eijiro, wait," I say, his face barely a centimetre from mine. He pulls back, confused and sad, but I shake my head.

"Before we go through with this, I need to tell you about my past," I whisper, my heartbeat increasing as panic starts seeping through me. He nods, sitting back but keeping his hold on my hand. I let out a long breath, calming my nerves, and start talking.

"My Quirk isn't a normal one, one that comes from my parents. It's a mutant Quirk, one that just seemed to manifest out of nowhere. Back in USJ, when that Nomu was directly above us, I used it to hide us. It's Illusion. My Quirk is Illusion," I say, averting my eyes and waiting for him to rip his hand away, to call me a Villain, to leave the room. He does none of those things, just stays silent and watches me intensely. Taking another deep breath, I continue.

"When it manifested, my family panicked. They thought Illusions were a Villain's trick, not worthy of a Hero, and since it was a mutant Quirk, they pretty much just pushed me away. For years. I grew up without friends or family, and I was often beaten up by the other kids."

I had to take another breath, this time to force back the tears in my eyes. The memory of them all standing over me, truimphant, laughing, pointing and saying "Look at the Villain!" cutting too deep. Eijiro was still silent, but was rubbing small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I took comfort in the feeling, managing to keep my emotions under control.

"I had wanted to be a Hero for a long time, but nobody ever told me I could. They just told me to off myself-"

I sob, turning my face away and hiding it in the pillow. A few seconds pass before I compose myself, turning back to face him.

"So no one ever believed I could do it. One day... I lost my temper and I- I used my Quirk on the people around me. I made them see... terrifying things and they ran away. They were all screaming and one of them hit me with something. I fell unconscious a few seconds later. When this happened, we were in the school building. Turns out, that same building was going to be attacked by Villains. Five minutes after I blacked out, the building literally fell on me. I was trapped under it, right at the bottom, and I woke up in pitch darkness. I could hear the Villains fighting Heroes, so I thought I was going to be okay. Then the roof above me fell in some more and crushed one of my legs."

At this point, I remove my hand from Eijiro's and push the sheets off me. I roll up the hospital gown enough for him to see the scar that ran down my thigh. His sharp intake of breath is enough for me to cover it again, pulling the sheets up again and wrapping my hand around his. He quickly grasps mine again, comforting me.

"I don't know how long I was down there, but I was eventually rescued. At this point, I thought I was going to die. I was almost dead already from blood loss, but Recovery Girl was there along with other Heroes. She doesn't remember me, but I owe my life to her. She healed me and I found out later that it was Crimson Riot who rescued me," I finish, looking at his face to se ehis reaction. His face was completely open, allowing me to see everything. His lips were parted in shock, eyes wide. His hand was slack in mine and I avert my eyes.

"Any questions?" I ask, hoping he didn't hate me now.

"Just one."

I close my eyes, waiting.

"Can I kiss you now?"

My eyes fly open and I stare at him in shock. He was smiling gently, gazing down at me with the love evident in his eyes. Swallowing thickly, I nod, my heart fluttering like a caged bird. He leans in, placing his free hand on my cheek and running his thumb under my eye. Intertwining my fingers between his, I lean towards him as well, closing my eyes. As our lips brush, an electric jolt runs through my entire body and my arms lose feeling for a split second. Moving the hand cupping my cheek to the back of my head, he presses closer, releasing my hand and wrapping it around my back. A few seconds pass and we separate, panting for air. My head tingled and my limbs were still returning to normal. Both our faces were burning and we refused to look at eachother for a whole minute. When we recovered - mostly - we stared at eachother for a few seconds and started laughing.

"Man you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," he says, still chuckling. I laugh along with him, grasping his hand and knitting my fingers between his. Words couldn't describe how happy I was, knowing that he felt the same way I did. We settle down and I close my eyes, trying to sleep and get this night over with so I could be released tomorrow. Eijiro went quiet, leaning back in his chair and soon his soft snores filled the room. Giggling, I clutch his hand tighter and let sleep wash over me.