The next few minutes were indescribable, a blur of pain, anxiety and pure unequivocal elation all over. Along with a chuckload of pressure--- a massive amount of pressure all over my body. "Here she is." Dr. Robbins says, as the pain and pressure subside. "She's here, love." Alex says,his voice cracking. I open my eyes and see that the doctor was holding her up. I can only see a mere outline of her as my eyes were still very much covered with tears. I blink to clear them just as I hear her first cry. It was loud and strong, mighty even. 

Alex cradles me in his arms and kisses the top of my head. "You did it, babe. We have a daughter." He says, his eyes filled with tears but were definitely smiling. They lay her on my chest and immediately I feel an immense amount of emotion pour out of me. My finger makes its way to her pink cheeks and red lips. Her long and thick lashes complementing her head full of hair that curled just right at the ends. I look at Alex and he was literally bawling his eyes out. I reach for his face, wiping his tears while he wipes mine as well. "Oh gosh, why can't I stop crying." He says, making both of us chuckle. 

"You want to cut the cord, dad?" Dr. Robbins tells Alex.  He cuts the umbilical cord and when they take her away from me to get cleaned up, I felt the exhaustion take over. My breath steadying, feeling lightheaded and tired, I slowly surrender to the burnout. "Rest, love. You did great." Alex's voice was the last thing I heard before darkness took over my vision. 

Alex

"You can carry her to the nursery." Dr. Robbins says, smiling at me as I cradle my daughter in my arms. She just finished with Perrie and the nurses were currently freeing the room from all the equipment. They tuck Perrie's sleeping form in, draping the covers over her. I lean down to kiss her forehead before I follow the nurses out of the room. 

I see our family and the girls as I make my way out. They all stand up and walk towards me, excitement in all their faces. "Here she is." I say, giving them a better glimpse of the baby. "Oh my God. Hi there." Perrie's mam coos, rubbing her leg under the blanket. "Oh, she's so beautiful." My mam says, staring at her. My dad pats my shoulder and smiles at me. "I'm proud of you, son." He says, making me smile. 

"She's so precious." Jade says, looking intently at her. "And so tiny." Jesy seconds. "She's the cutest." Leigh says, silently clapping her hands. "How's Pez, doing by the way?" Jesy asks. "She's tired, but she did so great. She's sleeping right now." I say to them. "I'll just take a little peek at her before we go. We'll be back later in the day." Perrie's mam says. I nod and watch them check on Perrie as she sleeps. They bade their goodbyes, hugging me and taking one last look at the baby. "Congratulations, son." Mam tells me, kissing me on the cheek. 

"It's best we go too. We'll be back later." Leigh says. "We'll let you have some time alone together." Jesy says, agreeing with Leigh Anne. "Congratulations, Alex. You're a dad." Jade pats my back and smiles at me. They made their way out as I followed the nurses to the nursery. 

I stare at her tiny face as I lay her down. "Daddy loves you, baby." I whisper as I lean down to kiss her forehead. The second I had her in my arms, I felt like falling in love all over again. First, with Perrie and now with my beautiful daughter. I've been with her for only a few minutes and I already love her so much, just like when I met her mam. It didn't take long for them to wrap me around their fingers. 

I gently went back inside the room, silently as possible as to not wake Perrie up. I sat by her bedside and stare at her as she slumbers. I take her hand in mine and kiss it, admiring her beautiful features. She's been through so much today and I could only thank her for her sacrifice. She made me a father and I couldn't be more thankful. She's so strong and brave and I couldn't be more luckier to be married to a such a marvelous woman like her.