26

Perrie

I lean on my chair as I watch the girls fumble on the song sheets. It's quite weird though, we're writing songs together but we aren't really together. I've been writing with them via Skype while I stay in the comfort of my own house as per instructions of my doctor. It was alright though, but nothing really beats the feel of writing in an actual studio.

"How about you Pez? Do you have any other suggestions?" Leigh asks me. I sit straight and grabbed the sheet from the desk. "Yeah, what abou---ooh!" I was cut off when I feel an unusual sensation in belly. I place my hands on top of my bump and gently feel it as it continues to happen again.

"What's wrong ? Perrie are you alright?" Jesy chimes in, worry in her voice. I blink a few times as I realized what was going on. Dr. Robbins warned me about this and I can't believe it's happening already. I look up at the girls, the look of concern plastered on all their faces.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, the baby is kicking." I say, a wide smile forming on my face. Immediately, the girls expressions changed into a more calmed one. "What? It is?" Leigh asks in awe. "Aww, I want to feel her kick!" Jade says, excitement in her voice.  "You better expect us to come around Liverpool one of these days." Jesy says, making all of us giggle. "I'd very much like that." I say. "Should we continue?" I add, resting a hand above my belly, my heart fluttering as I feel her move.

I spent the whole morning 'til afternoon writing with the girls with a brief lunch break in between. We were just currently finishing up when I hear the front door open and close and keys tingling. "Alex home?" Jesy asks. "Yeah, I think so." I say. "Why don't you go ahead."Leigh suggested, but I just shook my head. "Nah, it's alright. We're almost done with the finishing touches anyway." I say. 

A few minutes later, after we've finished everything I hear Alex's footsteps coming closer. He opened my office door and peeked in, smiling at me. "Hey there, stranger." I say, smiling at him. He walks over to me kisses my forehead, rubbing my belly in the process. "Hey Alex!" The girls chime in, waving to Alex. "Hi girls! How are you guys doing?" He asks them as he drapes an arm over my shoulders. "We're doing fine. We'll probably come visit soon." Jesy tells him. "Oh that's nice. Don't forget to ring Pez when you're coming so I could have the chef whip something up for you guys." He says, being the very thoughtful person that he is. "Oh we sure will." Jade says, making everyone chuckle. 

"Okay, I'll go. I'm probably interrupting." He said stepping back. "Oh nope, I was actually about to log off." I say, making him stay. "I gotta go, girls. Bye! Love you guys." I say. "Bye Pez, love yah. Bye Alex!" They say before I log off after Alex waves goodbye to them. 

I spin my swivel office chair around to face him as he leans on the desk. "How was training?" I ask. "It was great. Always a fun time with the lads." He says. "How about you? How was your day?"He asks, helping me as I stand up. "It was also great." I say, a grin starting to form on my face. "Baby gave me a little surprise today." I say. "What?" He asks, his brows furrowed. 

I grab his hands and place them over my belly. "I think she took it seriously when you said she can play for the women's football division." I say, positioning his hands to a certain angle. "She's quite a kicker." I add and on cue, the baby starts to kick hard on the area where I placed Alex's hands. "Wow!" He said, his eyes brightening up at every hard kick the baby makes. "That was a big one!" He says, looking at me. "We have here a star player." He says, chuckling. His face was covered in glee, clearly excited. 

"I suppose we do." I chuckle. "But she's been kicking nonstop the whole afternoon and its killing my back." I say, chuckling. "Aww, babe." He says, pulling me in for a hug. He leans down until his face was parallel to my belly. "Hey there, little girl. I know you're going to be real good but can you give it a break for a bit? We don't want mam to have a hard time." He says, making me smile. "Wow, she actually listened." I say in disbelief as she gives the massive kicking a halt. "Of course she did, she's a daddy's girl." He says, grinning with pride.