"Walking around helps and how about I'll roll in the exercise ball." Dr. Robbins says as she exits the room. "Oh great." I say with pure sarcasm in my voice. "Here you go." A nurse says, rolling a bright blue exercise ball into the room. Alex helps me up and holds my arm as I try to walk around. "Get that thing away from me." I say as I kick the ball away, the girls catching it as they snicker.

We hear a knock on the door and Leigh offers to open it, probably because she's the only one left with undamaged hands. "Look who's here!" She says, opening the door wider. I look up to see my mam and Alex's parents by the door. "Perrie, darling. How are you doing?" Mam says, walking over to me. "In pain, but fine. Hi mam." I say, forcing out a smile. She strokes my head and kisses my cheek.

"How long have you been in labor, dear?" Alex's mam asks me as Alex helps me sit back on the bed before he greets the mams and his dad. "Nearly five hours and I'm nowhere close to pushing." I say, releasing a long breath. "Aw, I was in labor for ten hours when I had Alex." His mam says, as if that made me feel better. "Nine hours for me when I had you." Mam chimes in. Great. I could only hope it doesn't take that long for me.

Two hours later---still two centimeters short before I'm allowed to push---I'm left with Alex in the room while the others went out to stretch and get something to eat. It's about two in the morning and everyone just felt a little tired and hungry. He was seated on the bed with me, situated behind me, pressing on a certain spot on my lower back to ease the pressure. Wherever he learned this trick, it sure is working well. 

"Oh Jesus. Thank you." I breathe out as the pain temporary subsided. I lean back on Alex, his hands snaking around me. I rest my head on his shoulder, my face almost buried on the crook of his neck. "Your daughter is really something else, Alex." I say catching my breath. His body shakes as he chuckles. "I'm sure she is." He says, running his fingers through my hair, inhaling its scent.

"She's not even born yet and she already has all these people for her." I say, smiling at the thought that a lot of people already love her even before birth. "She's lucky to have so many who already love her." Alex says. "She's lucky to have you." I say, looking at him. "She has the best daddy in the whole world, who's going to make her laugh and keep her safe." I add. He looks at me smiles, kissing my forehead. "She's lucky to have a mam like you too. Who's going to care for her and nurture her." He says, making me smile.

"I can't wait to meet her." I say, running my hand over my belly. "Me too." He says, leaning in to kiss me. Just after he pulls away, I feel a sharp pang of pain hit me along with a massive contraction. "Agh!" I say, gripping Alex's hand, a hand over my stomach. "Oh my gosh, it hurts so much." I say, tears starting roll out. It was such a tremendous amount of pain, like tripled from the ones I've been feeling earlier. Alex lets go of me and rushes outside, calling for Dr. Robbins. 

"Alex!" I call for him as he enters the room again. He rushes to my side and let's me hold his hand. Unlike the other wave of contractions, this one was just getting worse and worse. "Hang in there, babe." He says, kissing the top of my head. Dr. Robbins enters the room shortly and begins to examine me. 

"Okay, the baby is coming out fast. It's time to push, Perrie." She says, smiling at me. "Prep the room and gown Alex please." She instructs the nurses as she decontaminates herself, the nurses gown and gloving her. "Alex." I reach for him. He holds my hand looks at me. Concern and excitement in his face. "I'm scared, Alex." I say, tearing up. "I'm here, there's no need to be afraid, okay? I'm here." He says, assuring me. "You can do this." He kisses me and then kisses my forehead. "This is it, we're going to meet our daughter." He tells me, his eyes glistening with the tears starting to form in his eyes. 

"Okay, Perrie. When I tell you to push, you push as hard as you can, okay?" I nod at Dr, Robbins and tighten my grip on Alex's hand. He rests his other hand on my head, stroking my hair. "Okay, push Perrie!" Dr. Robbins instructs. With all my might and strength, I push, every ounce of pain doubling. I squeeze Alex's hand hard with every push, my eyes shutting tight at the rush of pain coursing through me. "Head is out." Dr. Robbins says. "Almost there, babe. Almost there." Alex says, cradling my head as I lean forward with a big push.