"Shut up, I'm trying!" I snap, crossing my arms and feigning anger.

"Noooo I'm sorry! Forgive meeee!" Eijiro moans, slumping while still walking. I chuckle, quickly moving to cover my smile with the back of my hand. It's no good, however, and we all end up laughing together. We reach the end of the forest path, ending up on the street.

"Where next?" Sero asks, looking around.

"I know that Eijiro wanted to watch a movie," I say, remembering this morning when he said he wanted to go to the cinemas. He averts his eyes and we start walking deeper into the city, towards the shopping mall. Halfway there, a thought strikes me.

"Do we have any money?"

We all freeze for a second, then collectively face palm.

"Well, there goes that plan," Denki mutters, shaking his head.

"At least we tried," Eijiro says, chuckling. I laugh as well, my elevated mood not allowing disappointment. This was the first time I had hung out with friends in... years. A sudden shift in the air throws me off, but only I notice it. My eyes narrow and I turn my gaze around to the shadows. Eijiro notices my expression first.

"(Y/N)? What's up?" he asks, diverting Sero's and Denki's attention to me as well.

"I thought someone was watching us just then," I say, turning back to them. They also look around, a bit worried, but we waved it off as someone recognising us. Continuing up the road, we head to the mall anyway, just for something to do. We stay together at first but a sudden rush of people forces us apart. I find myself standing alone and grinning evilly as I watch Denki reach a hand out to me, playfully begging me to save him. With the grin stuck on my face, I twirl and wave at him, pretending to walk away before breaking and going back to get him. Pulling him from the crowd, we walk together to find the others.

"Just look for a red spike and a plain guy," I joke, dragging him along by the hand so we don't get separated again. I don't register his red face until I turn back to look at him and make sure he's okay.

"What's up? You look kinda sick," I say finally separating from the group by going down a little alley between shops. His face turns redder and I realise I was still holding his hand. I quickly let go, peering around the corner of the buildings to check if our friends were nearby. Denki was averting his eyes, staring at the ground. When no familiar features enter my vision, I duck back into the darkness and sigh, sliding to the ground.

"Might as well wait here until either they show up or the crowd leaves," I state, legs splayed in front of me and arms crossed. Denki sits down as well, leaning against the opposite wall. His face was slightly less red now, but that might just be the dim lighting. A few minutes pass and the crowd thins, allowing us to stick our heads out again.

"Hey... wait, that's (Y/N)!"

My head swivels at the sound of my name and I recognise a reporter from this morning approaching me.

"Denki, we have to go," I say urgently as more people take notice.

"What about-"

"Nevermind the others, they'll be fine. Let's go!" I say, dragging him to his feet and rushing out of the alley into the open.

"Hey, wait!" the reporter cries, giving chase. I run faster, pulling Denki along behind me. A redhead suddenly walks into view, his hair spiked upwards.

"Eijiro, there are reporters. We're leaving," I say, quickly grabbing him as well. He stumble along but catches himself, making me release my grip on his wrist. Something flies overhead, a person using their Quirk, and the reporter lands in front of us.