Boyf Riends- Date Night Weirdness

"Where are you taking me?"

"Jeremy, dude, babe, bro. I love you," Michael said lovingly, holding Jeremy's hand as he drove. "But if you ask me that one more fucking time I'm going to punch you."

"Fair." Jeremy mumbled looking out his window. "Hey, uh, there's a lot of trees."

Michael took a dramatic pause before continuing sarcastically. "Yes Jeremy, those exist out of video games. They're just, in the world. Like, they exist normally."

"Well, Yeah. I know! I just, I was pointing out it's not like, an arcade in the city." Jeremy thought for a moment, perking up. "Wait! Are you going to murder me in the woods?" He asked excitedly.

"Yep! You got me. I've got rope in the back, why don't you tie up your hands for me, huh?"

"Michael that's kinky. Why do you have rope?"

"You're not allowed to ask questions, Heere. And besides, I'm not the kinky one." Michael let that sink in, laughing when he saw Jeremy's blushing face. "Okay, close your eyes. We're almost there."

"Oh? You picked a murder destination? That's pleasant." Jeremy said cheekily.

"Shut up. It's close." Michael turned a corner, and eventually stopped the car. "Keep then closed, Jere-bear. I'll be back in like two minutes."

"Great. So I'll be murdered in the car by some rando in the woods. Just what I need." Jeremy said sarcastically as Michael closed the car door.

Michael grabbed everything he needed, setting up the area before heading back to the car. "Okay, I'm gonna hold your hand and walk you to the area. Keep your eyes closed. If you don't I will divorce you."

"Awe man, not again." Jeremy said quietly as he carefully got out of the car. He held Michaels hand as they walked awkwardly to the area, Jeremy silently cursing every few steps and Michael laughing at him.

"Okay. Okay, ready? Open."

Jeremy opened his eyes, gasping instantly.

Michael had created an open space on the floor, covered with blankets and pillows. He'd hung up some fairy lights, and laid out some of their favorite foods. He'd even put out a boom box.

"Oh! Hold on." Michael raced to the boom box, turning it on. The silence was instantly filled with their favorite couple song, Africa by Toto.

"So... do you like it?" Michael asked quietly. "I remember, when we were a little younger, that you said you always wanted like, a classic picnic date thing that we'd always see in those cheesy romance movies... I thought that I would just tell the first person you dated, but..."

"Oh Micha. I love it so, I love it so much." Jeremy said, wiping a falling tear. "I didn't, I didn't think you remembered."

"I remember everything about you, baby." Michael mumbled, leaning in for a small kiss. "Now come on baby, we have a crap ton of food and no people distracting us."

"Literally the perfect combination." Jeremy smiled, giving Michael another kiss. "Thank you. For... everything."

"Nah fam. Thank you. For being your wonderfully weird, retro, and awkward self."

"Awe thanks babe."