Tree Bros- This One Bites

Warnings: Evans a vampire, and someone dies

Requested by @JustAnAngstyFangirl

Maybe Evan Hansen was a player.

Maybe he went from boyfriend to boyfriend, girlfriend to girlfriend for the fun of it.

Maybe that wasn't the real reason, but no one would ever know. Besides, you only knew Evan was a player if you followed him through his life.

This was his fifth school this year. His mother taught him well, and by now he could live on his own while his mother worked to provide.

Heidi brought home the dough, and Evan brought home the food. Simple as that. No hiccups, no nothing. They'd been running from the cops for so long, that they had the system down.

Only, this time, Evan was worried. Because his newest victim wasn't just some stupid high schooler who'd try to abuse him.

This one... was nice. Kind. Loving.

And it was worrying Evan.

"Mom, please. I can't, I can't hurt this one!" Evan pleaded. He couldn't see his mother, but he could hear her working as a scream erupted behind her.

"Honey, we can't move just yet. So if you truly don't want to kill him... then just break up with him! Simple as that."

"Right, but then I wouldn't be able to date him again because I just broke up with him, and who does that? That's stupid. So I was thinking, why don't I tell him our secret and then we can just kinda-"

"Evan, we have kept this family secret secret for five generations. Do you really want to ruin it for some boy you just met?"

Evan hesitated before agreeing with his mother. "Okay. So then what should I do?"

"Well, since you didn't like my other option, why not just kill him quickly? You know, that way you don't grow too attached the the blood sack."

Evan almost asked her to not call Connor that, but then stopped himself. "Okay. Okay, yes ma'am."

"If you don't get it done, I'll have to come down there. And we don't want that, do we?" Heidi's stern voice stopped, and she continued. "I love you sweetheart. Have fun! Now I have go, this guy won't talk, but that's more fun anyway."

Heidi hung up, leaving Evan alone to his thoughts.

———

"Hey Con! Do you want to... come over? Maybe? We can watch movies, and eat popcorn, or we can not. I don't care." Evan rambled, and Connor didn't stop him. Unlike everyone else.

"Yeah, I'll be over soon. You okay?"

"Fine. I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Yep. I'll be over in five. See you, baby."

Evan hung up the phone, making everything look perfect. The apartment had enough furniture to make it look like it was truly theirs, but it still allowed them to move quickly. Evan like that. He liked having order, and Connor was fucking that up.

A knock came, and Evan rushed over to get it.

"Hey baby," Connor mumbled, pressing his lips against Evans forehead. "Movie night?"

"Yep! I've got everything ready." Evan said more to himself. He pulled Connor down next to him, putting on some cheesy romantic comedy to fill the silence. Connor didn't complain, and allowed Evan to cuddle up next to him.

Evan didn't move for about an hour, until he was completely sure that Connor was asleep.

He slowly grabbed the knife he had tucked under himself.

He moved himself away from Connor slowly, so that Conor wouldn't wake up.

"I'm so sorry." Evan whispered. "I didn't want to do this, but I have to feed momma."

He pierced his sharp knife through Connors chest, shutting his eyes as he heard Connor gasp. He pulled the sharp blade out, then pushed Connor to the ground so he wouldn't leak everywhere.

Evan hovered over Connor, his eyes sad. "I... I wanted you to actually be mine. But, I guess I just... wasn't meant to be yours. I'm sorry that you won't... you won't get to be anyone else's, either."