Chapter 35 - Well behaved?

Start from the beginning

Alix's ring

Harley's ring

Harley's ring

- "You, you got me a ring?" Harley asked as she looked between the rings and me.

- "It belonged to my mom. I have been keeping it for when I got engaged, but since I already have a ring and I'm already getting engaged, than I want to use this one to claim you as my soon to be wife." I said, taking the ring out of the box and smiling.

I silently took her hand in mine and put the ring on the finger it was supposed to be at.

- "It's really beautiful Alix..." She said, checking the ring.
After a couple of seconds, she did the same with me and put my ring on my finger.

- "This, these rings are a reminder of what's at stake. I refuse to lose you again." I said now looking her in the eye.

- "You have no idea how much I love you Alix. I won't ever lose you either and I can promise I won't ever leave you, they would have to kill me before forcing me away from you." She responded.

- "I love you, Harley, so much." I said and for a second we got in our little own love filled world and almost kissed, but both of us backed away knowing we had to follow rules in the house. Imagine if we actually broke them even before my dad accepted this whole deal?

Guess we have to control ourselves way more.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

After yesterday I was nervous. George was supposed to tell us if he accepted the deal today.

As I left my room to go and have breakfast, I saw my mom and George at the table. I said good morning and sat down.

George wanted to talk, I could sense it, but I also knew he wanted Alix to be here to hear the decision and that was one of the few things I agreed with him on. I also wanted her here.

After less than a minute, Alix came out of her room and sat down, she was nervous as well, but most importantly I could see she was concerned. I knew how much it meant to her having her father accept this.

- "So, George, wha-" I tried to ask but he put a hand up and stopped me.

- "Calm down ok? I'm going to answer everything so you can both relax." He said but I could sense a bit of annoyance and defeat in his voice.

We just looked at him expectantly. I took my mom's reaction in and she seemed pretty relaxed.

- "So, I spent the entire night thinking about this deal and I've decided." He said but every word seemed to get out of his mouth in slow motion.