Epilogue

The night the police came and took everyone away all of us left right along with them. None of us wanted to spend another second there in that house. Although it held so many treasured memories it also darkened those special memories by everything that had happened there and as Joshua said "our treasured memories will always be with us in our hearts." Which I realised he was 100% right!

First thing the next morning we were at the hospital to see if the man who had rescued me had made it through the night. I remember walking into the hospital with my heart up in my mouth thinking the worst. I really thought they were going to tell me 'sorry he didn't make it'.

It took us ages to actually get anyone to talk to us because we had no name, no contacts nothing. If it wasn't for me spotting the nurse getting something from a vending machine I don't think we would've ever found him. He was very lucky to make it as he had lost so much blood from his bullet wounds. Luckily he was wearing a bullet proof vest under his hoody which practically saved his life, although one bullet made it through to his lower abdomen which did cause problems but after a couple of hours of surgery they had managed to repair the damage and stop the bleeding.

I'll never forget what the nurse Belinda and the man who rescued me Scott had done for me. They not only saved my life but put theirs on the line for mine.

Belinda told us that they were undercover cops. She also told us how they've been working on that case for years. That's why they hadn't rescued me before that night. They needed to do it right so their covers wouldn't be blown and thankfully they weren't. Not only had they managed to rescue me but finally bring the whole case to a very successful close. We have all kept in touch, which at first was a little strange for everyone else but now it's as if Belinda and Scott a part of our little family.

So much has happened in the past two years that I never thought we would get back to the way we once were. Audrey and our body guards got life without parole. My mum and dad or should I say my sperm donors got eight years because it was their first offence but can get out in four and a half for good behaviour. Which made me sick but they were behind bars and that was better than them getting community hours which our lawyer had warned us was possible. Apparently there wasn't enough evidence against them. The only evidence they had was the money that was transferred into their account.

It was only when I was in court that I finally found out what part they actually played with Audrey. To hear my own flesh and blood had actually agreed to help set me up for a lousy sum of one hundred thousand dollars, I physically threw up right there in the court room. If that wasn't bad enough, I later discovered that they were going to be getting a share out of Audrey's dad selling my body but thankfully they never got that because I was saved before things could get that far.

Audrey's dad as well as his entire empire had been brought down but we were not drawn into his case for safety reasons. The police had so much against them that they had no chance of ever walking free again and truthfully that was all that mattered to me Joshua and everyone else. All of us had been through enough and we just wanted it all to end. We needed to be able to start getting our life's back to normal, for our babies more than ourselves.

Joshua Paul and Jack decided that although Audrey as well as my parents and everyone else involved in Audrey's attacks were now locked up that it was time to move on and start fresh somewhere else. As hard as it's been we were now safe and happier than ever.

The children had settled well into our new house and schools just as Lisa and Elle's children have. At first I thought my babies would never recover from such an awful experience but they had! They were so strong, we were so proud of them.