Chapter 8

Hi all, I just want to say a massive Thank you for all of your support. Seeing so many of you that have came back to continue reading this book has been amazing. I am truly grateful to each and everyone of you.

All my love Mel xxx

I hope you enjoy       

......................

By the time morning came round I felt as if I hadn't slept at all. I guess Joshua needed to let off some of his own steam by the way he kept us up all night. However, seeing him sleeping so peacefully now, I didn't care how tired or achy I was going to be today it was so worth it. Gently stroking his face I smiled thinking how lucky I was to have such a loving devoting husband. He was my prince charming who not only saved me from what felt like the worst time of my life but also made me see that I wasn't unlovable. Without Joshua I was nothing. He was my other half and without my other half I could never live.

I thank god every day for Elise and although she came from the evilness of Jaxon, she is an angel. A gift from god, to remind me that something wonderful came out of all this. I had brought her into this life and I was going to do everything in my power so that she never has to know about her real father and what he had done. Although sometimes I wonder if she knows the truth already but I shove them thoughts aside because ever since the day she was born that was one golden rule between all of us. Feeling Joshua stir beside me I look down to see his sleepy eyes staring up at me.

"Good morning baby" I greet as I lower my lips to his. "Hmmm morning sweetheart" he mumbles through our joint lips. "What time is it?" he asks as he tries to waken himself up. "Its early baby, its only 5am" I answer as I snuggle back down beside him. "Good because I don't want to get up yet. Another hour what do you say?" looking over at him, he didn't mean sleep but truthfully as much as I love him there is no way on this earth I could go at it again. Yesterday forgotten, I jump out of bed before he had the chance to stop me. Seeing his face I couldn't stop laughing as I ran into the bathroom to take a much needed shower. He begins to laugh and hearing him laugh made me smile. We were going to get through this one way or another.

"Don't worry Isabella I can always join you?" he says as he slides in behind me. "Hmmm now this is what I was talking about" he whispers in my ear.

"Mummy, Daddy Bella's screaming" I hear Elise shouting at us through the door. Usually I would just say its ok love because that was Bella but right now the worst kind of feeling sunk into the pit of my stomach. Grabbing the nearest towel, I quickly wrapped it around me before running to Bella's bedroom. Seeing Bella curled up in the corner of her bed screaming I ran over thinking the worst but as I picked her up I left out a scream of my own. There in her bed was a doll I had never seen before but that wasn't what made me scream, it was the blood smeared all over the doll that did it. As I spun around to get Elise out of here before she sees it I saw that the entire room was filled by everyone and when I mean everyone, I mean Joshua Jack Paul Elle Lisa and every single child.

Elle and Lisa must've seen the horror on my face as they started shoving the kids out of the room. Luckily my frozen body snapped into action as I helped Lisa and Elle to get the children out before they saw anything. Bella was still crying and believe me I wanted nothing more than to cry with her but for my baby I had to stay strong.

Wrapped in my arms I pretended that the doll must have fallen into her paints lucky enough she believed me. After she calmed down along with everyone else we all headed to the kitchen were we sat all the kids down so we could get breakfast started. As much as I tried to shift the vision of that doll out of my head I couldn't. How I was holding it together right now I will never know. Lisa and Elle kept looking at me and as much as I wanted to tell them to stop I couldn't. I just couldn't speak for I knew I would just become a blubbering mess.

As if I couldn't finish dishing up breakfast quick enough, placing the last breakfast onto the table I speed walked out of there. I needed to see it again. I needed to make sure that what I had seen I hadn't imagined it. Making a quick stop at my bedroom I shoved the nearest clothing I could find on me. Opening Bella's bedroom door the atmosphere was thick enough to choke you. Paul and Jack were on their cells screaming and shouting out orders while Joshua just sat there on our baby's bed staring down at the scraggy old blood smothered doll in his hands. Carefully so as not to startle him I walked over to him. I had never seen Joshua like this. The moment I saw him it was as if our roles had reversed and it scared the living daylights out of me but I had to be strong.

Bending down I un clamped his hands from around the doll and placed it on the bed beside us before lifting his head up so he was looking at me. His face held no expression at all sending my insides into a frenzy. Swallowing down the lump in my throat I spoke up. "Joshua." I called him softly but when He didn't answer I tried again and again till I was near enough screaming at him but still nothing. Even his eyes didn't register that I was even there standing right in front of him. It was as if he was here but wasn't. I knew he was in shock but Joshua would usually be the one barking orders or off marching around the place screaming abuse and cursing but this silence was scaring me more than that freaking doll beside us. A hand on my shoulder snapped my attention away from Joshua to Paul.

Paul looked at me whilst motioning me to move aside as much as I didn't want to leave Joshua I knew I had to let Paul try something as I didn't have a clue what to do. Paul suddenly screamed out my name in what sounded like fear and just like that Joshua was off the bed and by my side. Thankful to Paul didn't stop me from wanting kill him for scaring Joshua like that.

"Hey I had to do something to snap him out of it! It was that or slap him." He quickly blurted out while holding both his hands up in defence. Well I guess so, well at least he didn't slap him otherwise I would've slapped Paul.

"Thank you Paul" I say before turning so I check on Joshua to let him know I was ok. Leaving out a heavy sigh I searched his face and was relieved to see that Joshua was back with us. Angry couldn't describe the scowl on his face but anything was better right now than seeing nothing. Leaning down I picked up the doll. Noticing a scrunched up piece of paper splattered in the same blood as the doll my blood ran cold. Opening it up I began reading.

'I'm coming to get your whore of a mummy and I'm going to kill her just as she killed my children's daddy'. The message was loud and clear as she had even written it in blood. Shivers shot straight through me as the tears I no longer wanted to cry overflowed.